Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Infinity Focus

Question, I just Picked up this lens PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - 28-85mm f2.8-3.8 Variable Focusing and cannot get a focus to infinity. On a K10. Is this a lens issue, a camera issue, a combination of both? Haven't tried it on the K100, but would it make a difference? Will try anyway. Ideas??

Thanks, Chris

01-24-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You could check this first: try to focus slowly on something far away and check if the focus confirmation lights up before you hit the infinity mark on the focus barrel. If this happens your lens is focusing past infinity. This can be adjusted or used as is when you know it behaves like this.

I don't think it's your camera body (unless you've done something to the mount).

If you cant get infinity focus at all at one (or both) end(s) then there might be something broken. Or someone has opened the lens and assembled it wrong. (Look for marks on the screws)

Or it just needs to be adjusted. I've adjusted a few zooms and it can be done but if you have no lens repair experience it might be difficult.
01-24-2010, 01:03 AM   #3
Forum Member

It is a lens issue.
I purchased an A50 1.7 right after a K10D, and I had to adjust the lens for infinity focus. Fortunately, it was pretty easy for the A50, someone on DPR pointed me in the right direction.

Hopefully, some has the same lens and can help.