Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Advise on B&H used lens condition?

Hi all

I wanted to buy a used lens from B&H listed as condition 9, did any one here bought used lens from B&H and can tell me if their rating is on the strict side or not?

How does it compare to other store that sell used lens?

Thanks for any advise!

Lee

01-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #2

It's been awhile since I've bought a used lens from anywhere but KEH, but from previous experience I think BHPhotoVideo is pretty good with their grading. I think I'd put them in between KEH.com and Adorama.
01-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I bought a used DA 35mm Limited from them that I believe was a 9. It came basically brand new, except for a little mark on the lens cap. I think you can feel pretty confident in their ratings.
01-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They have a good return policy as long as you don't stick it on a shelf for 2 months.

01-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by kathyk Quote
from previous experience I think BHPhotoVideo is pretty good with their grading.
Thanks. We try to be conservative and accurate. Any time a customer gets something from our used dept and has an issue with the grading, the customer is encouraged to contact us.