Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2010, 05:30 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
HORUS BENNU 50mm F1.7 MC

Just got one of the HORUS BENNU 50mm F1.7 MC Limited , it arrived today through normal post office from korea,
Very solid full metal body with multi coated Lens , apature with click each stop,
the Lens also look better compare to the attached photo shown in their ebay tread.
They advertized as new , it arrived look new , but with couple of dust inside the lens , it is unacceptable for new lens , i sent an email to the seller just now , waiting for reply !

Bought it at US66.90 with free shipping, have not have chance to test the lens output yet due to MY second order from other seller have not arrived yet , it is Pentax K-X ! May be will reach in couple of week , i will post some photo once the Camera arrive ... Come back to check my tread later !

05-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by realguard Quote
Just got one of the HORUS BENNU 50mm F1.7 MC Limited , it arrived today through normal post office from korea,
Very solid full metal body with multi coated Lens , apature with click each stop,
the Lens also look better compare to the attached photo shown in their ebay tread.
They advertized as new , it arrived look new , but with couple of dust inside the lens , it is unacceptable for new lens , i sent an email to the seller just now , waiting for reply !

Bought it at US66.90 with free shipping, have not have chance to test the lens output yet due to MY second order from other seller have not arrived yet , it is Pentax K-X ! May be will reach in couple of week , i will post some photo once the Camera arrive ... Come back to check my tread later !
You might want to contribute a few photos to the "off-brand club" thread from your very "off-brand" Horus Bennu before you send it back.

Steve
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #18
Veteran Member

This lens is like a joke =.=
05-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Did anyone else notice the weird bokeh this lens gave? I'd love to see some examples in higher resolution.

05-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by henryjing Quote
This lens is like a joke =.=
how come? is it because it looks like a knock off Pentax LTD that's manual focus lens?
05-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #21

Horusbennu 50mm F1.7 Lens for Pentax

He replied with full of resposibility , worth to buy !

Here the replied sound very good seller :=-

Thank you in my purchase item.
I sent the new item again. I think the product had some dust while shipped.
I want to let you know that this is not a used one but brand new one
. It will take seven to fifteen business days for you to get the item. I am sorry for your receiving late.
I think I didn't send filter together. That was my mistake.
:ugh: I will send you filter immediately.
I hope you will understand it.
Thanks again.

Sincerely,
seong moon Jeong(esimaging)
05-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #22

Horusbennu 50mm F1.7

Also got one Sears 50mm f1.7 same time , will post comparision pic later on !

Any one else got Sears 50mm f1.7 here?

05-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #23

Horusbennu 50mm F1.7

Just got massage from UPS delivery , My Pentax k-x will already in Kuala Lumpur HQ , may be can have it test run in couple of day , very kancheong lo!
05-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #24
Inactive Account

Also got one Sears 50mm f1.7 same time , will post comparision pic later on !

Any one else got Sears 50mm f1.7 here?
If you are talking about the K mount version, Had one. Instead of going into a long rant about it, I will just say I didn't care too much for it. I recently picked up a Sears 55mm f1.4 M42 mount however, that I would give thumbs up for..

05-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #25

Sears 55mm f1.4

How do you compare the super -Tak 50mm f1.4 to this sear 55mm f1.4, which one better , price wise which lower? juz curiouse !
05-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #26

Sears 55m f1.4

Bought also Rokinon 85mm f1.4 , which too will arrive here soon !
I heard they all same like vivitar/rokinon /samyang , since you are using it too , juz want to now will the Pentax DSLR make a tit sound when we turn to the right focus point using manual focus? oppps curiouse too !
05-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #27
Inactive Account

How do you compare the super -Tak 50mm f1.4 to this sear 55mm f1.4, which one better , price wise which lower? juz curiouse !
I don't know. Never had the super takumar. The sears is definitely less expensive. Mine came attached to a near mint condition Sears TLS (basically a spotmatic) and I think I paid $75 total (been buying a lot of stuff lately). Did I pay too much? Maybe. Don't know, don't care. If I did, it wasn't by much. The price of the Takumar has gone completely crazy in the last several months, especially here in the USA.

Here is a group of test shots taken with the Sears on my K7. All of the graveyard pics were from an idling car (I just drove around, pointed, focused, and shot). Most of the grave shots were at around f8. The other photos were taken to test the Out Of Focus areas to some extent.

05-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #28
Inactive Account

Bought also Rokinon 85mm f1.4 , which too will arrive here soon !
I heard they all same like vivitar/rokinon /samyang , since you are using it too , juz want to now will the Pentax DSLR make a tit sound when we turn to the right focus point using manual focus? oppps curiouse too !
If you mean the focus confirmation beep, yes. At least the K7/K20/K10 do. I Tend not to completely trust it though and rely more on what I see on the focus screen. In the case of the K mount manual focus lenses however, Focus trap or Catch In Focus works quite nicely, especially with the faster lenses.

05-07-2010, 06:37 AM   #29

Here the promised Jpeg & video by the Horusbennu 50mm f1.7 with KX

Here the promised Jpeg & video by the Horusbennu 50mm f1.7 with KX.
All took at Home about 8pm under florosen tube light and this is my first Pentax camera and forst manual focal lens , hope not to bad to review some photo here, thanks for asking... see first ...
Attached Images

05-07-2010, 06:40 AM   #30

one more

one more...
Attached Images