Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

The scratched lens club...

Here we go with a nice little Japanese hand grenade:

Looks like it had served more than one war.

But, the glass is perfect and the function is so:

I like lenses with scratches. They are less expensive and the lack is more like a "patina" for me. I can dream about what the lens has seen and so.

Do you have lenses with since of live?

01-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If I had to enter a post for every lens I own with a scratch it woud be a) every lens I own, and b) require about 25 posts

I am not really sure we have any use for a club that shows the normal wear and tear of lenses. that would undoubtably include every forum member, and be redundant
01-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
TKH
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I am not really sure we have any use for a club that shows the normal wear and tear of lenses.
So you think this is normal wear.

01-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I am not really sure we have any use for a club that shows the normal wear and tear of lenses. that would undoubtably include every forum member, and be redundant
QuoteOriginally posted by TKH Quote
So you think this is normal wear.
Actually, have you looked at what the rivits on a pair of jeans do to your camera and lens, when it is hanging off a shoulder strap?

to some extent, yes, I think a portion of what you show could be considered normal for a heavily used lens.

The same goes for the dings in lens hoods, chips in paint, etc.

There is a similar patch in fact on the plastic lens barrel of my FA 28-105 F4.5-5.6 between the focusing ring and zoom ring,

The rest of the barrel looks brand new, but the part that points straight down (i.e. the bottom when on the camera) looks just like the OP's photo,

01-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter

It could belong to these clubs:

Dirtcheap & Nasty Lens Club

or maybe this one

Dead Lens Club