Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #31

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by oliver939 Quote
thanks for all the advices.
I made my mind and the lenses I want (DA limited) look cheaper indeed, and i dont mind the 2nd hands ones.

Only one thing, I can not find any camera shop address in Tsukuba.
Anybody from Japan knows how to find this?

I need to provide my friend with few adresses so he can have a look.
If you can input / see japanese characters in your browser, go to maps.google.com, pop in your address or a station near you (or Tsukuba?) to find an area map for your search, and then input カメラ

a bunch of pins should drop down on the map, showing all the camera stores. Just be careful that you don't go to the fujicolour developing corners / portrait studios that pop up as well. An iPhone is awesome for this. for used stuff also put in 中古

here: Google Maps

Actually too many of them are portrait shops in this search, but there are a few Camera-no-Kitamura shops here. Also if you just barnstorm a portrait shop and ask them what their favourite store is it should work too

Personally I didn't like the Shinjuku Kitamura store, but it might be much different elsewhere.

03-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JesseDavis Quote
If you can input / see japanese characters in your browser, go to maps.google.com, pop in your address or a station near you (or Tsukuba?) to find an area map for your search, and then input カメラ

a bunch of pins should drop down on the map, showing all the camera stores. Just be careful that you don't go to the fujicolour developing corners / portrait studios that pop up as well. An iPhone is awesome for this. for used stuff also put in 中古

here: Google Maps

Actually too many of them are portrait shops in this search, but there are a few Camera-no-Kitamura shops here.
That method also yields a pet grooming salon and the Okura Frontier Hotel. Try it with Yahoo and it includes lots of eyeglass shops. Probably not a real good method unless one can actually read the results.
03-10-2010, 05:21 AM   #33

thanks for the help but I could spot any shop this way.

What カメラ and 中古 mean by the way?

I've been also looking for this Camera-no-Kitamura shop in the area but no success.
My friend is there for work trip, so he can not really take free time to search around for my stuff, I''d rather provide him with a camera shop address where he can pop in at the end of his day
03-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #34

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by oliver939 Quote
thanks for the help but I could spot any shop this way.

What カメラ and 中古 mean by the way?

I've been also looking for this Camera-no-Kitamura shop in the area but no success.
My friend is there for work trip, so he can not really take free time to search around for my stuff, I''d rather provide him with a camera shop address where he can pop in at the end of his day
中古 means used and カメラ is japanese katakana for camera.

You could also get it from amazon.co.jp since you can pay in almost any conbini (convenience store -i cant spell it-) family mart, 7/11, and others. or pay by cash on delivery. The DA Limited 40mm page is this: Amazon.co.jp: PENTAX SMC DA 40mm F2.8 リミテッド W/C: 家電・カメラ

It's at ¥31,600 and shipping is free. (Take care to order it directly from amazon and not another store inside amazon's page, unless that's what you want)
It normally takes around 1 or 3 days to recieve something from amazon.

03-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #35

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Probably not a real good method unless one can actually read the results.
Ah, yes, I know only too well how it can misguide you *sob*
I've spent one or two days criss-crossing from one dot to another in vain. But still, if you read any Japanese at all it can help, and you can autotranslate websites that google maps gives you; any retail store usually has a site (except those hole in the wall stores that are the best for old used stuff - oh well)

A 'real' camera store will usually be something simple like 'xxxカメラ' eg: きたむらのカメラ (kitamura camera), 大沢カメラ (Osawa Camera) etc.

As mentioned above, things to filter out would be スタジオ  ('sutajio' : studio ) , メガネ/眼鏡 ('megane' : eyeglasses) , 工房/写真工房 ('koubou / shyashinkoubou' : studio / picture studio) , or derivitatives like anything that ends with 工xx, or 写真館 (studio again). Also フジカラー (fujicolor)

It is always a problem though. The japanese internet seems sometimes to be in the stone age. Here are all the Kitamura stores in Tsukuba that sell DSLRs and Lenses: kitamura.jp search. You can get google map links for those locations on the right hand side of the page.

Using the google method, it looks like you will have much better luck in the next town over, Tsuchiura. I found:

オオノカメラ Ono Camera
茨城県土浦市桜町1丁目6−12
029-824-3330
Google Maps Link At Tsuchiura station (not sure but looks like a retail establishment by the name)

カメラのきむら土浦中高津店‎ Kitamura Camera Tsuchiura-Nakatakatsu
茨城県土浦市中高津1丁目17−23
029-821-2335
Google Maps Link

内田カメラ店‎ Uchida Camera Store (looks like a hole-in-the-wall, but there is not street view in Tsukuba :/ )
茨城県土浦市川口1丁目11−7
029-821-1653
Google Maps Link

Anyway, I am all out of energy. Hope that helps.