Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wallyb Quote
That's the older non-WR lens. Not worth nearly as much.
..well spotted !!!

I was paranoid about ordering the older non WR version by mistake, so read and re-read ProDigital's Ebay listing about 10 times just to make sure...

02-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Morb Quote
..well spotted !!!

I was paranoid about ordering the older non WR version by mistake, so read and re-read ProDigital's Ebay listing about 10 times just to make sure...
Your listing says it is a WR version.
02-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Your listing says it is a WR version.
Yes, I checked several times before ordering....
02-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #19
TKH
Veteran Member

I ordered FA lenses from them two times in the last two years. I can remember that the frist order I had to confirm my adress via an email with a cut of a payslip.
Both ordered lenses were brandnew and perfect. I would every time again drop an order at prodigital2000.

Rainer

02-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Morb Quote
That's a good deal Ben, however I've already placed the order with ProDigital2000 now.
500 is about 440 so it would have saved me about 30...which would have covered the cost of the Hoya Pro-1 UV Filter I've just ordered to go with the new lens.
I'll bookmark that site for the future.
Thanks,
Mark Morb
I can only recommend to always have a look for prices in Germany. Sometimes they can be significantly lower than in the UK (and at other times it is the other way round I got my DA 16-50 from Warehouseexpress.co.uk.)

Ben
02-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #21

They were fine to deal with.
02-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #22
Pentaxian

I bought stuff from them before and the lens is well packaged and prompt delivery. I have no problem recommending to anyone although I don't know about purchases from outside of Canada. I also find their price very good as well.
02-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #23

Seems like a good seller. Bought a lens there just a couple of weeks ago -- well packaged and very prompt.

02-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not in the UK, but have purchased several lenses at excellent prices. They are quick to ship as well. They just put a bunch of lenses up on ebay last weekend for some fanstastic prices. Some of the lenses were sold out in an hour. I would highly recommend that you check them on a regular basis.
02-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #25
Inactive Account

For the most part, I don't think it matters what country they are sending to. With the possible exception of import costs that is. I've bought from them twice. Both times they were package deals. The first was my DA*300 that was supposed to come with a UV filter. I really couldn't care less about the filter but it was advertised with the package (which was the lens and filter). The lens arrived just fine but no filter. I wrote them a couple times and they did correct the error. Second time was for my DA35mm and that one was supposed to include a 7 year Mack Warranty. Again, lens arrived just fine, no warranty. It took a little longer to get that straight but it did get resolved. Yes, I would use them again but the price would have to be something special. That was over a year ago, don't know if their shipping department has improved.

02-09-2010, 04:20 AM   #26

Original Poster
Just in case anyone else was following this thread (and for future reference) the lens turned up yesterday.
Everything appears fine, haven't had chance to use it yet but visually everything is present and correct.

To sum up...ordered on the 2nd Feb, Delivered on the 8th Feb, very fast in my opinion.
Cost was about 383 for the lens and about 20 for delivery.
I also had to pay UPS 66 in VAT and Fees, this was Cash on Delivery and the driver would not let me have the lens until I had settled the fees.

Total cost: 469

Cheapest I've seen it (after a lot of searching) in the UK is 649 so a saving of 180

Based on all that I can highly reccommend Prodigital2000 and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Thanks for all the contributors to this thread...

Mark
02-09-2010, 04:51 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for letting us know how it turned out Mark. Of course now you have me browsing their store for the WR....
12-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #28

Great if you live in canada but not the usa

I ordered the SMC Pentax-DA L 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED which I thought was fine.

So I then orderd a SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.4 AL

They were the cheapest on ebay. But now the most expensive.

The SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.4 AL came with an internal scratch.

So I closely inspected the SMC Pentax-DA L 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED which I got the week before and noticed internal dust.

I have now concluded they must be selling seconds.

So I contacted them for a return and am told
"You must send the package back with the shipping label paperwork marked "DEFECTIVE CANADIAN GOODS RETURNING". It is very important that the value of the package be declared for "$10.00 CAD". Please follow these instructions carefully as it is the only way to ensure that we receive the return. If you do not follow the instructions as outlined above the package will be refused on first delivery attempt and automatically returned to you."
My concern that if it gets lost I'm out over $400.00 bucks.

They say
"If you were to ship the items back with the full value, it would be rejected at our warehouse as we would be charged upwards of $50 to receive it. Because you are stating that the items are defective, we have you ship them as such."

Ok I say lets copromise. Give me a defective item discount of some kind and call it a day.
reply "We cannot issue a credit as if the items are defective as previously stated, we would rather reimburse you in full or exchange them for other lenses."

Well its my fault for not supporting this site by using B and H.

So if you need to reutrn to these guys you have a lot of problems.

They should state in thier ebay listing that normal returns are not accepted.
12-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Yankee, I was reading your 35mm f2.4 review and you stated it was dust in the lens, now it has changed to a scratch? You do realize that these lenses are not sealed, and dust will get in. I don't expect a lens to be dust-free even out of the package - dust within the lens also doesn't really affect image quality that much (not like on the sensor). Their request to have you mark the shipment as a defective item with little value also sounds reasonable, since it is being sent to another country. Your payment was made through paypal, so I doubt they could use that against you in the case of a dispute further down the line.

Unrelated, I ordered a 70mm f2.4 2 weeks ago, arrived quickly and with the 7 year mack warranty for $15 bucks, not the first time I've used them, nor the last.
12-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #30
Inactive Account

3 lenses to the Detroit area from them to me, no problems except with the first one when they didn't have it in stock when they listed it. I'm quite certain I did not get seconds.

My advice to you is to

1. File a Not As Described claim with both Ebay and Paypal.
2. Box the items and ship them back and declare them properly.
2a. Use the Long customs form which will show customs dates and delivery dates via tracking (which means send it priority).
3. Let them replace or refund the lenses.
4. If they decide Not to, continue the claim with Paypal.

FWIW, unless it's full of dust, I'm not too surprised a consumer zoom might have a couple specs inside, even from the factory. People here have noted getting FA31mm Limited lenses with a spec or two.