Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
Forum Member
maximm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 72
Todays LBA -> K 55mm f1.8

Took some photos with my brand spanking new Pentax-K 55mm f1.8 and wanted to share them with you. Think i paid $20 for the lens and it's in good condition. Very easy to focus and a great starter-lens i would recommend to almost anyone.

The lens has some small scuffs and the aperture ring got a little stuck when set at f1.8 out in the cold. I have to admit i like the bokeh alot!












02-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Pentaxor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,513
congratulations for purchasing a great lens. and welcome to the K-CLUB. anyway, I think your lens might need quite a bit of calibration if your aperture ring gets stucked that often.
02-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
axl
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,181
Congrats on that lens. It's great and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
BR
Peter
02-04-2010, 03:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member
tokyoso's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tokyo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 723
Hi,

I had almost gotten this lens in an auction but somebody outbid me.
I had set my price range and didn't want to go over it.

I might go for the M42 version but the adapter ring from pentax alone is going to cost me $30+.

02-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Deiberson's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Photos: Albums
Posts: 734
does this lens come in a k-mount? i only see screw mounts or m42 in my searches
02-04-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
Forum Member
maximm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 72
Original Poster
Pentax Lens Review and Specification Database - 55mm F1.8
Im pretty sure its the same one.

About the aperture ring being a bit stuck on 1.8. Its not very stuck, just takes a little more to get it working, then no problems. Is there anything that can be done by a amateur?
02-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Pentaxor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,513
QuoteOriginally posted by Deiberson Quote
does this lens come in a k-mount? i only see screw mounts or m42 in my searches
Yes it comes in K-mount. look for the K series primes. it's the K55/1.8
02-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
Veteran Member
Pentaxor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,513
QuoteOriginally posted by maximm Quote
Pentax Lens Review and Specification Database - 55mm F1.8
Im pretty sure its the same one.

About the aperture ring being a bit stuck on 1.8. Its not very stuck, just takes a little more to get it working, then no problems. Is there anything that can be done by a amateur?
send it for service. they will either fix the bearings, spring and oil it. not really something serious but it would be nice to have a lens that is working nicely.

02-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
Forum Member
maximm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 72
Original Poster
Don't think that's an option. Work hours are extremely expensive in Sweden as such that even the smallest insertions would cost a fortune over here. I'm happy with the results as it is for a $20 lens. Making it a $70 lens is just not worth it to me.

I really liked the poster-pic as a 16:10 background on my computer and if anybody else would like it heres the link: http://www.minhembio.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2010/post-39041-1265307285.jpg

Is this even the right forum for this post? Maybe the Post your photos would be better, not really sure as im new here.
02-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
Veteran Member
Pentaxor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,513
QuoteOriginally posted by maximm Quote
Don't think that's an option. Work hours are extremely expensive in Sweden as such that even the smallest insertions would cost a fortune over here. I'm happy with the results as it is for a $20 lens. Making it a $70 lens is just not worth it to me.

I really liked the poster-pic as a 16:10 background on my computer and if anybody else would like it heres the link: http://www.minhembio.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2010/post-39041-1265307285.jpg

Is this even the right forum for this post? Maybe the Post your photos would be better, not really sure as im new here.
well that's too bad. anyway, just in case that it becomes a problem, just send it for servicing.

you could post photos here. posting in the post your photos section is like lining up your images infront the firing squad.
02-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
Forum Member
maximm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 72
Original Poster
One thing that freaked me out was three posts stating prices of $500 $450 and $400, that can't be right can it? In the review section that is.
02-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Veteran Member
Pentaxor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,513
QuoteOriginally posted by maximm Quote
One thing that freaked me out was three posts stating prices of $500 $450 and $400, that can't be right can it? In the review section that is.
there are two possible reasons for those. it's either they got ripped off or they simply want to jack up the price. IMO, the maximum that I'm willing to pay for the lens would be around $150 depending on it's condition and rarity. but on average, the lens goes for about $50. although going for around a $100 bucks would be ok if we are going to consider that it's a K-mount and no longer need an adapter for it.

the Tak version goes for around $30-$70 bucks. the K version is from $50-$120.
yours, due to it's present condition is considered as a bargain.
02-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #13
Forum Member
maximm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 72
Original Poster
Really, that much? Well, the least I can do for the little buggar is visit the local shop and ask for an estimate then. No harm in that i guess!
02-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Pentaxor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,513
QuoteOriginally posted by maximm Quote
Really, that much? Well, the least I can do for the little buggar is visit the local shop and ask for an estimate then. No harm in that i guess!
no harm really. and I don't think it would cost you a leg for a simple adjustment and oiling that would take about 15 minutes or less.
02-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #15
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,339
QuoteOriginally posted by maximm Quote
One thing that freaked me out was three posts stating prices of $500 $450 and $400, that can't be right can it? In the review section that is.
Yes something is fishy about the last three K55/1.8 reviews. All were done within a week of each other by new members. $400-$500 is on the high side even for a K50/1.2.

Phil.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
55mm, f1.8, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not Work-Safe 3 from todays shoot devisor Post Your Photos! 9 10-18-2010 10:54 AM
Not Work-Safe todays customer devisor Post Your Photos! 6 07-30-2010 12:21 AM
Landscape One More from todays' series Jimbo Post Your Photos! 17 10-13-2009 05:25 AM
One More from todays' series Jimbo Post Your Photos! 5 06-30-2009 07:19 AM
LBA - smc Pentax 55mm/f1.8 kjao Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 12 05-22-2007 05:02 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top