Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #1

Which macro lens will work on K100D

I'm trying to acquire a macro lens. I know of two currently available: 50mm 2.8 A series; 50mm 4.0 M series. Will either or both "work" on my K100 Super? It would be nice if I could use the camera's metering system, but manual focuse is just fine.

I'm having a devil of a time trying to keep straight all the variety of Pentax lenses.

Is there a resource I could use?

Thanks for any information.

07-30-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Old Film Guy Quote
I'm trying to acquire a macro lens. I know of two currently available: 50mm 2.8 A series; 50mm 4.0 M series. Will either or both "work" on my K100 Super? It would be nice if I could use the camera's metering system, but manual focuse is just fine.

I'm having a devil of a time trying to keep straight all the variety of Pentax lenses.

Is there a resource I could use?

Thanks for any information.
Both lenses will work. The benefit of an A series lens is aperture automation (You set it in the A position in the aperture ring and have the aperture selected in the camera for Av mode etc). If you use an A lens manually (setting the aparture in the lens) you will essentially converting it to an M lens.
Here is one of several links showing how to use older lenses in DSLRs. There are some variations of methods but this should give you a good starting point.

K100D (Super) Pictorial guide to using manual lenses [imgs]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Thanks,