02-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
landscape with FA 43

I have some...

02-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #32
Veteran Member

I guess DA31 ltd is better than FA31. There have no new DA31 but in future new one. Like DA 50mm and DA135. I guess FA31 can't read K-7 some. DA31 can read whold K-7. I guess so.
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Danny Delcambre Quote
I guess DA31 ltd is better than FA31. There have no new DA31 but in future new one. Like DA 50mm and DA135. I guess FA31 can't read K-7 some. DA31 can read whold K-7. I guess so.
I don't think there will be a DA 31 Ltd. Why should there be one? And if there would be one, it would be f/2.8 at best and the fast max. aperture is part (a large part) of what sets the FA 31 apart from other lenses in that focal range.

Ben
02-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zenspector Quote
Would love to see some longer shots and landscapes with the FA43 if anyone has any to share.
At last one of these three will qualify. (That's from an entire thread full of Limited shots.)

02-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #35

Your question is not dumb, I was asking myself the same question last week. I have a DA 35 and it's an awesome lens. Guess what, I just purchased a FA 31. I received it last week and I am still not sure if I am going to keep the DA 35 or not. On the other hand, there is no way I am ever going to sell my FA 31. Why? Indoor photography. We just celebrated my daughter's 4th anniversary and I took shots I have never been able to take before with my DA 35 or my FA 50. The FL of the FA 31 is just perfect for me and it's fast enough for indoor photography. However, I must admit that the pictures I took of the cake with the FA 31 were really good, but still not as good as those I took with the DA 35. For close up and objects or flowers macro, nothing beats the DA 35. I hope this helps.