Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #1

old lenses for using with a K7 - advice please

Hi, I need some wise heads to give me some advice. I am planning to buy a K7 and have some old SLR lenses that I need to know whether they are worth using with the new DSLR. They are as follows:

SMC Pentax - M 1:2.8 28mm

SMC Pentax - A Zoom 1:3.5 ~ 4.5 35 ~ 70mm

Sigma Zoom - f 60-200mm 1: 4 ~ 5.6

Kiron 80 - 200mm f / 4 Macro 1:4

I guess thatn the two Pentax lenses are probably worth using but not sure about the other two.

If anyone has advice about what new DSLR lenses i should get with the K7 that would be great. Please bear in mind that I might struggle with tech speak so plain english would be helpful
Cheers H

02-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hello!

The 28 is a great lens, and will give you a nearly normal FOV with the K7. The Pentax- is ok but the 18-55 kit lens provided with the K7 will be better (with autofocus, and it will be weatherproof). the Kiron zoom ought to be ok, the Sigma zoom les so.

One thing to remember is that these lenses will be, generally speaking, just as good with a K7 as they were with a film camera. No surprises, no real changes, they are the same lenses.

The lenses could be a good starting point to evaluate which focal lengths you enjoy using the most. Then if necessary you can adapt your kit.