Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Takumar 85-210mm F4.5

I found one of these in a 'going out of business' pawn shop. Didn't buy it. Wanted to check the reviews here first.

Pawn shop wanted $100.00, but I think he'd go lower, maybe down to fifty. I read the three reviews, but really wanted to know if these were scarce or available from time to time. I've bought so many old lenses lately, and I don't need the focal length, but this lens was for lack of a better term, nice. The exterior was very clean. It had one of the old push-on lens caps and it was HEAVY. It was like picking up an old wooden surf board that had never been ridden. I'm starting to feel funny inside... sorry.

Anyway, I couldn't vouch for the optics, as the rear glass was as described in the reviews as 'recessed', but the front appeared nice.

Anybody have a reccomendation on this? I'm serious about the feel of this lens. It brought a smile to my face just to hold a lens this old, heavy and cold.

I'm no expert, and my vision may have been clouded in reference to it's condition, but I think it was ok. I may get it and not want to give it up, but if this is someone's dream lens, tell me. I would hate for it to be thrown in a box when the store closes.

They also had an even bigger Canon lens. I believe it was an old L lens. He wanted a little under $200.00 for it, but I don't think it was very clean. I still shoot Canon film, but the Takumar wouldn't allow me to get a good glimpse of the Canon.

Thanks in advance for any input...

02-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #2

I think I saw one show up for about $85 on the marketplace recently, the sample picks looked pretty good to me.