Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anyone use a 1.5 AF TC with the FA 50/1.4?

Too many abbreviations in the title? I was curious to find out if anyone has used a 1.5 teleconverter (such as the Kenko) with the FA 50mm/1.4 lens as a portrait lens and what they thought of it. Sure, some people love the FA 50 as a portrait lens, but it's too short for me. My other portrait length prime is a 90mm/2.8 Tamron Macro, but it can bee too long. I wanted to see if I would find more use for something in the mid-70's in focal length without auctioning an organ to buy the FA77 ltd (yet).

02-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I tried a M 50 f1.4 with 1.25, but found there was too much glass in the way. It flared in the bright light and was too dark in a dim room. I picked up a DA 70 Ltd, which has been working well.
02-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

See another recent thread on using the Kenko 1.5 TC with the A50/1.7. I wasn't impressed. the FA50/1.4 is of course a different lens, but if there was ever a combo that screamed "not as good as just cropping" for me, it is the A50/1.7 + Kenko TC.
02-11-2010, 03:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys!