Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Cash Cons (Vertors)!! Lenses

It seems that those that live in Australia have the option to checkout Cash Covertors or similar shops for Pentax lenses. I went there yesterday and picked up 2 lenses for $15.00. A Pentax A28 f2.8 for $10.00AUS and a Pentax A50mm lense as well for $5.00. They had no idea what the lenses were for and were glad to pass them on to me. There were heaps more there to with no fungus or damage that I could see. I'll be back there today to clean out their cupboard. So you Aussies, checkout your local Cash Convertors and see if you can't get a few cheap lenses to play with. Oh, don't forget to clean out there M42 lenses while you're there they'll likely have a cupboard full. I have no idea what those 2 lenses I got are like but I guess I'll find out soon.

Tim H

06-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yeah, picked up an immaculate M42 135/2.5 (as per sig) for just $125 at a camera shop a while back. Still can't use it because the K mount adapter is on backorder. But I could easily sell it for more than $125 given the condition it's in! Still, $15 for those 2 lenses =(

Last edited by SupremeMoFo; 06-29-2007 at 10:28 PM.
07-02-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

wow ... if they are that cheap .... no harm in parting a few dollars and having a play around. Even though i am a n00b to SLRs .... it'll be good practice to get some of these lenses cheap.

Time to go lens hunting around the pawn shops
07-03-2007, 05:18 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yep, I must say that if I can find quite a few Pentax lenses in the Darwin Second-hand shops then you guys in Sydney and Adelaide should have no trouble whatsoever. Most of the sales people have no idea what they are looking at. Tell them you just want them for an experiment and that they are useless, haha.

Tim H

PS> Happy hunting!!

07-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I remember seeing an FA135/2.8 for $85 at one several years ago. Didn't jump on it, it was gone next time I was in there.

stupidstupidstupidstupid......
07-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Timbuctoo Quote
Yep, I must say that if I can find quite a few Pentax lenses in the Darwin Second-hand shops then you guys in Sydney and Adelaide should have no trouble whatsoever. Most of the sales people have no idea what they are looking at. Tell them you just want them for an experiment and that they are useless, haha.

Tim H

PS> Happy hunting!!
Quess what I'll be doing tomorrow on my day off then
Have a listing of a few CC's in different suburbs ... and I'll be scoping a few out.
Good to know there's a few shops out western Sydney ... closer to me.
07-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Going to the secondhand shops for lenses is a little like collecting cards (or a box of you no what) you never know what you're gonna get!! Let me know what you guys find.

Tim H

07-04-2007, 02:13 AM   #8
TDN
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Timbuctoo Quote
I have no idea what those 2 lenses I got are like but I guess I'll find out soon.

Tim H
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

You bought about a 100$ worth on ebay

The A 50mm's are great, and I've heard good things about the 28mm lenses too.

Have fun!

Tom
07-04-2007, 09:59 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Well ... had a look at a couple of shops ... and they are a mxed bag really.

The lenses I did see were either scratched/mouldy or damaged in some way or other. No use getting any of them really.

But it was no harm in looking.

There's a few other stores around the Sydney metro area that I know of that I haven't been t yet though .... so there still maybe hope in finding something out there.