Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Do the math and tell me that the difference between 15mm and 21mm is in fact a couple of thousand pixels out of the "tens" of millions in my sensor, then I will accept the award for ridiculous hyperbole. That is the gap right now in the wide area--not two or three milimeters, but 6, and those millimeters are valuable real estate in this territory.
Obviously you didn't read what I said. I'm talking about the difference between the existing 15mm lens and your desired 17mm one.
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
not to mention that it would be nice to get a decent max aperture somewhere between 31 and 14.
Do you mean an aperture between f/3.1 and f/1.4? There could never be a compact 17-18/1.4 lens.

02-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wallyb Quote
Obviously you didn't read what I said. I'm talking about the difference between the existing 15mm lens and your desired 17mm one.

Do you mean an aperture between f/3.1 and f/1.4? There could never be a compact 17-18/1.4 lens.
No, I reed reel gud inglesh. What you said is somewhat true but misses the point. That the lens closes the gap from 6mm to 3mm is the argument for making the lens.

On another note, of the posters who expressed a preference here, I was at least the third to have asked the the fast ~18. The only lens with significantly more votes is the medium tele. There seems to be a market. I'll leave it at that and say good night.