Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Swapped the FA31

On an earlier post I pondered exchanging my 'just delivered' FA31 for an FA43 and a DA15 because I just wasn't comfortable with the size and bulk of the 31. The 43 and 15 together totaled about $100 more than the 31. I shot the 31 for a few days in order to assure myself I was thinking right, and after doing so, I sent the 31 back and await my two new lenses. There is no doubt as to the sharpness of the 31. It is actually fascinating how well it works in low light, but it just didn't jive well with me. At least for now. I hope I am happy with the exchange. Time will tell.
I am including a few shots I took at my friends river house last Sunday. He is an avid collector of 'Old South' memorabilia (has it all over his cabin and grounds), and I couldn't help but try out the lens on some. The lantern bearer was shot wide open at what we call 'dark-thirty' around here (barely light enough to see) and overcast, gray skies. The one I call 'Finish Your Plate' was shot wide open inside and is a 50% crop. 'Hoodoo Dancer' wide open with 30% crop. All JPEG, shot with aperture priority, no PP.
Well, I tried to upload, but was not successful. Said something about a security token. Can anyone tell me what this means?

02-13-2010, 06:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know anything about a security token, but if you want to clear that up post the question here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/site-suggestions-forum-help/

But, Flickr is a free account and here are the step by step instructions.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/10217-tutorial-posting-i...step-step.html

The FA31 has been calling my name for the past few days, and I am gradually consolidating my line-up to welcome this shortly, so would love to see those images.

Thank you.

P.S: The gap between 21 and 43 is significant, however I took that combo to Vegas and it worked out great. The IQ of the 43 is as best as it gets, and for a wide angle the DA21 is superb as well, but the most impressive thing is these are two tiny lenses, and can be carried inside a pocket with no need for a bag.

At times for indoor shots the 21 can be too wide and the 43 too long. I am considering a getting the 31 to close that gap. But I am worried, once I get a my 31, will any of my other lenses get any use at all
02-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A smart kit set-up...

"15-43-77" equals WOW!

Down the road add a DA 35 and a D-FA 100. You'll be good to go forever.

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Cheers...
02-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Okay, I am going to try this again. I don't have any idea what I am doing, obviously, but I think I may have figured it out.
Cheers

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo