Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #1

Best lenses for video with K-7

I'm wondering which lenses people consider best for capturing video with the K-7. I don't have a K-7, but I am considering getting one (or the K-8 when it comes out) and want to make sure any lenses I buy will also work well for video.

Questions:
  • Zoom or Prime?
  • 70mm or 77mm for video (the age old debate, but maybe the choice is clearer, if video is a concern)?
  • Best aperture to capture video at?
  • Can the K-7 autofocus while capturing video?
  • SDM vs. Screwdriver motor (focus motor sound could obvious be a problem, but is there any issue besides this - like smoothness of the focus movement)?

Thanks for any insights.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
focus, k-7, k-mount, lenses, lenses for video, motor, pentax lens, slr lens, video