Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While on the subject of the DA21, I don't know if he's ever posted here, but I think this photographer (Petr Kleiner) did a great job of showing that lens' potential as a documentary/street lens with his Armenian series of pictures. I saw he submitted a few to the Pentax Photo Gallery, such as this one:

(Disclaimer: there are also a few NSFW photos in his gallery)

Petr Kleiner | PERSONAL PHOTO PAGE

02-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
how do you find a zoom lens for street?

I never even used a zoom lens, I had a K1000 with a 50mm for a long time

and then I just kept buying prime lenses for my need but there are so many situation I wished I had a zoom

I want the 21mm so much...
But I do have the FA 20mm , and no zoom lenses so I might finally get a zoom

maybe that sigma you are using
I have found the Sigma 24-60mm f/2.8 pretty good. Focus can hunt a little and be off in low light but that's also the K10D. Nice and sharp, especially in the middle focal lengths and stopped down to f/4 to f/8, although f/2.8 is quite pretty good too (if focus is right). I find the focal length nice, although 24mm isn't terribly wide and I sometimes want a bit wider. For a standard zoom it's reasonably small, but does have a 77mm front element. I'm certaiinly going to keep it and still use it, I just want to try a less intrusive set-up for street as well.
02-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
While on the subject of the DA21, I don't know if he's ever posted here, but I think this photographer (Petr Kleiner) did a great job of showing that lens' potential as a documentary/street lens with his Armenian series of pictures. I saw he submitted a few to the Pentax Photo Gallery, such as this one:

Petr Kleiner | PERSONAL PHOTO PAGE

That guy's a friggin' great photographer.
02-20-2010, 05:51 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dang! why did you have to bring up this AF noise issue, I didn't even notice this before, now it's irking me

02-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

That guy's a friggin' great photographer.
I second that he is one of my heroes I hope one day I could become even close to that
02-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Dang! why did you have to bring up this AF noise issue, I didn't even notice this before, now it's irking me
One way to look at that might be - if it hasn't been noticeable before, it hasn't cost you any photos.

Thanks for the help with the question on these lenses. I think I'll be goin with the DA 21mm and 40mm, due to size and AF speed. Perhaps in the not-to-distant-future I'll pick up a faster lens as well.