Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
nikon lenses on kx?

hey all,

i inherited some nikon ais lenses and wanted to know if anyone else has successfully used any nikon lenses on a pentax body? I know there are some adaptors out there, but I am wondering if its even worth the trouble to try.

they are a 50mm 1.8 series e, a cosina 2.8 28mm macro, and a cosina 80-200 mm zoom with macro.

Also, it seems as if the adaptors I've seen certainly work with pre ais nikon lenses, but I can't find any descriptions of an adaptor that would work with the ais lenses...it appears the little aperature arm that sticks out may be the reason as the older lenses didnt have this possibly.

thank you

02-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you talking about a Kx or K-x?

The latter, yes, the former no.
02-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I'm talking about the latest k-x...I wasn't aware there was a prior film model until now. I'm pretty new to Pentax and photography in general, so with prior models before the k10 and k20d I'm at a serious knowledge disadvantage
02-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by harleynitelite Quote
I'm talking about the latest k-x...I wasn't aware there was a prior film model until now. I'm pretty new to Pentax and photography in general, so with prior models before the k10 and k20d I'm at a serious knowledge disadvantage
The Nikon mount will bit on the dSLR but will be offset a bit. Use it in stop down metering. This is for the mf Nikon lenses. Its not going to lock but it will be tight. Just for the record, don't try this with film bodies.

Edit: I should qualify this and say that I've used non-AI Nikon lenses on my K20d and K200d.

02-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As is often the case here, anything one is curious about has been discussed dozens of times before. The search function is your friend. Here's a thread from just a couple of days ago:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/90881-these-ni...o-adapter.html