Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #61
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
As Marc says, there are times when a hood is important and there are times when it isn't. I don't find the 70 terribly prone to flare, but if you shoot right into the sun it will do so. I have mine screwed on all of the time and then use a 43mm plastic squeeze cap on the end of it. I am just paranoid about losing the metal lens caps that come with the limiteds...
Thank you. That was an answer to the question I intended, i.e., is this lens particularly prone to flare? Frankly over the years, I have found relatively few situations where most of my SMC lenses really needed a hood. I tend to use my hand. This hood in particular is odd in that it is as long as the lens, narrow and does not retract into the lens body like the FA77.

Last edited by GeneV; 02-24-2010 at 09:09 AM.
02-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
fa 35 f2 is smaller

i want a da 70mm though

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da, k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens