Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
how is this lens, tokina af 70-210mm f4/5.6

I bought it from ebay but I did not find the SD on the barrel. As I know, MF version has a SD marker on the barrel. So I just want to if it is worth $70? Thank you

02-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by w003txz Quote
I bought it from ebay but I did not find the SD on the barrel. As I know, MF version has a SD marker on the barrel. So I just want to if it is worth $70? Thank you
For some reason there are no reviews here at the pentaxforums on the lens, but from my internet research I found that it was a well regarded lens - good build (mostly metal), compact, and sharp for a lens of it's class. $70 is a reasonable price from what I could tell.

I recently bought and returned just such a lens from an ebay seller a short while ago. The reason why I returned it was covered in this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/89959-spots-sc...-old-lens.html

While the seller did take it back and refund me (though I was out return shipping), upon receiving he oddly claimed he couldn't see anything wrong with the lens. I sent him an email explaining what Ikea desk lamp I had used to take the pictures with (JANSJÖ which has a 4.2W LED bulb) and what lens (Sigma manual focus 50mm 1:1 Macro lens), so that he could try to see the problems for himself in case his eyesight was poor. He never wrote back, and the next day put it back up on ebay as a "mint" item with no mention of the fungus or scratches, for the same price. I was very saddened to see this. I hope you didn't buy from that seller.
02-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have one, and have gotten a few stellar photographs with it. However I have several more useful lenses, to me so it's rarely in my kit.

Would I say that it's worth $70.00. I can't.... It really depends upon how much you use it.