Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 Guilt

I hate this forum! And all Pentax forums and all Pentax info on the internet! ; )

I bought the Kx two lens kit, swearing that was enough for a good long time and certainly enough to spend on taking pics for me, a family photographer.

Then I took a bunch of pictures, in varying situations (baby shower at a restaurant, swimming at the Y, kids, dogs...) and spent lots of time online. And the seed sprouted, and grew. Today it suddenly got out of control and, out of nowhere, I ordered the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8. Ahhhhhkkkkk! What have you people done?!

Why don't you all show me why this is a wonderful thing that I've done for the good of the family? Please post any pics you might have with his lens, especially of indoor sports and kids, and help me feel less guilty. Show off please!

02-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Count up anotherone.

Welcome.

Please for your own good don't look at images taken with the 50mm 1.4, or the Pentax 12-24mm, or the 50-135mm.

And PLEASE don't look at images from the 300mm or the 60-250mm.

And for your own good try to budget about $1000/year.
02-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Igilligan

I think they are very safe looking at the FA 50 1.4 photos... as I barely ever used mine again after getting the tamron 28-75

Now the others are a different story
02-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

My 1st good lens was the Tamron 28-75/2.8
I sometimes wonder why I even bothered to move beyond this lens.
Unbeatable price, and performance from wide open. Certainly very sharp by f3.2

My grandmother at 96. She insists on a 'formal' pose whenever here photo is taken

02-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by efg Quote
I hate this forum! And all Pentax forums and all Pentax info on the internet! ; )

I bought the Kx two lens kit, swearing that was enough for a good long time and certainly enough to spend on taking pics for me, a family photographer.

Then I took a bunch of pictures, in varying situations (baby shower at a restaurant, swimming at the Y, kids, dogs...) and spent lots of time online. And the seed sprouted, and grew. Today it suddenly got out of control and, out of nowhere, I ordered the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8. Ahhhhhkkkkk! What have you people done?!

Why don't you all show me why this is a wonderful thing that I've done for the good of the family? Please post any pics you might have with his lens, especially of indoor sports and kids, and help me feel less guilty. Show off please!
Makes me feel guilty for not buying it...
02-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Two kid shots with the Tamron 28-75 (previously posted)

How do you think I feel... this forum caused me to go from 4 lenses to 18 in less than 3 months. Talk about LBA.

Ok, here are a couple of indoor/kid shots I recently took with my Kx + 28-75.

Kx + 28-75 @ 63mm, f/2.8, 1/60s, iso 1600

Kx+ 28-75 @ 75mm, f/2.8, 1/30s, iso 3200
02-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I agree with Gus -- it's the lens that I use 90% of the time. It is a wonderful bargain for what you get.

02-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
EFG:

Best thing to do is admit you are powerless to control your LBA, and join in with the rest of us. That Tammy lens is a beauty!

02-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

You bastards.

I want this lens even more now.
02-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
Veteran Member

why would you feel guilty? it's a fantastic lens ! I know I don't own it, but that is because I got lenses that costs around 4 times more than the Tamron.
02-25-2010, 01:38 AM   #11
Igilligan

02-25-2010, 07:08 AM   #12

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shoot. Now that's one more lens I have to budget for.

Maybe that $1000/year isn't enough.
02-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #13
efg

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by omega leader Quote
Welcome.

Please for your own good don't look at images taken with the 50mm 1.4, or the Pentax 12-24mm, or the 50-135mm.

And PLEASE don't look at images from the 300mm or the 60-250mm.

And for your own good try to budget about $1000/year.

Shut up! You people are crazy! Really do want to get a prime at some point....Grrrrr!

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I think they are very safe looking at the FA 50 1.4 photos... as I barely ever used mine again after getting the tamron 28-75

Now the others are a different story

Well that's good to know! : )

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
My 1st good lens was the Tamron 28-75/2.8
I sometimes wonder why I even bothered to move beyond this lens.
Unbeatable price, and performance from wide open. Certainly very sharp by f3.2

My grandmother at 96. She insists on a 'formal' pose whenever here photo is taken
This is a wonderful picture. Her face is fascinating and tells many stories, perfectly captured. Thanks!
02-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #14
efg

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoso Quote
Makes me feel guilty for not buying it...

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
How do you think I feel... this forum caused me to go from 4 lenses to 18 in less than 3 months. Talk about LBA.

Ok, here are a couple of indoor/kid shots I recently took with my Kx + 28-75.
Wow, 18??!! I am scared now that you are me in a year. (Or that I am you, or something...)

As for the pictures, here is my point. These are some of the pictures I looked at yesterday that got me into this mess. You jerk. These are so beautiful.

QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
I agree with Gus -- it's the lens that I use 90% of the time. It is a wonderful bargain for what you get.
See? How could I not buy this lens? This lovely picture is so bright and pretty. Look at those eyes! Thanks for posting it.

Last edited by efg; 02-25-2010 at 08:38 AM.
02-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #15
efg

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Best thing to do is admit you are powerless to control your LBA, and join in with the rest of us. That Tammy lens is a beauty!

Curse you Pentaxsters!

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
You bastards.

I want this lens even more now.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
why would you feel guilty? it's a fantastic lens ! I know I don't own it, but that is because I got lenses that costs around 4 times more than the Tamron.
Well for me it's a lot. This is more than I've ever even spent on a camera until I bought the Kx. Also the guilt because I haven't told the husband. He would NOT understand since I just convinced him that the Kx is all I'd ever need.