Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
DA 14mm F2.8 size

Just received my Pentax 14mm F2.8 from a fellow board member! I was a bit worried about the size before I received it because of all the posts here saying how large it was, however having just received it, this lens is TINY! Having been with Nikon for some time, when we say big lens they are usually pretty damn big! This lens is tiny compared to so many Nikon/Canon lenses! I am loving Pentax because all these lenses/camera bodies are tiny.

Just wanted to let those who may be thinking about getting this lens that the size should not be an issue at all (especially if you're coming from Canon/Nikon camp). If anything its just the dang lens hood which is huge.

02-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by drewx2 Quote
Just received my Pentax 14mm F2.8 from a fellow board member! I was a bit worried about the size before I received it because of all the posts here saying how large it was, however having just received it, this lens is TINY! Having been with Nikon for some time, when we say big lens they are usually pretty damn big! This lens is tiny compared to so many Nikon/Canon lenses! I am loving Pentax because all these lenses/camera bodies are tiny.

Just wanted to let those who may be thinking about getting this lens that the size should not be an issue at all (especially if you're coming from Canon/Nikon camp). If anything its just the dang lens hood which is huge.
welcome to the forum, former Darksider. if you think that the DA14 is not big, you should try the DA15. it's only about a 1/3rd of the DA14's size. the DA14 is big by Pentax standards, and small compared to the Nikon wides. one of the reasons I made the switch, weight and size has really become a bother. I hate neck strains, back strains and shoulder strains. not to mention wrist strains as well. oh the humanity.
02-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome.

My first time ever owning a lens this wide. First thing I noticed with this particular lens is that the minimum focusing distance is tiny too!! I can literally almost touch the object I am shooting!