Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Chinon 135 & Chinar 135 , Good Bad or Ugly

Anybody know the difference between Chinon , Auto Chinon & Chinar lenses?
Just came across a Chinar 135 /2.8 anyone have personal experience?

02-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't have experience with the 135s, but I've read (Manual Focus Forum?) that the difference between the Chinons and the Chinars is that the Chinars were sold as cheaper consumer lenses in a variety of mounts while the Chinons matched their cameras are were ostensibly better lenses. Legend has it that Tomioka made the Chinons, like all the *-non lenses (Reveunon, Yashinon, Tominon, Chinon, etc.).

I'm not sure there's a difference between the Chinons and Auto Chinons other than labeling a lens as "auto" used to have a cachet. I have an Auto Chinon 35/2.8 in M42--a nice lens--so the "auto" label doesn't imply a PKA setting at all.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
chinar, chinon, k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens