Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have a "Sun Opt. Sun-Zoom Macro 1:3.5 39 ~ 90 mm Multi-coated "
It has a 67mm thread and a K-mount. Very heavily built with a separate macro ring.

03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by DSG Quote
when the name was changed to Gotō Sun
That's what makes this forum such an interesting place, ask a question and the combined minds from the world come up amazing information.
03-25-2017, 06:15 PM   #18

You might be interested in a review I made a little while ago about a nice silver Sun lens I found for cheap. 135mm f3.5, it produces some nice results Sun Optics 135mm f3.5 | Flickr
03-25-2017, 08:54 PM   #19
Site Supporter

The lens you found reminds me very much of the C mount objectives Sun made for cine use.
I love alu barrels!
I own a much bigger M42 135mm f/2.8, branded Porst, that very likely was made by Sun. It's a "silver" barrel lens with typical Sun aesthetic.
I tested it extensively at a flash mob, and I've been positively impressed..
Good build and better image quality than expected.
Got it as part of a job lot. I admit I'd never choose to buy such a lackluster lens, but it proved to be well worth owning it!
The images are contrasty and the MC is pretty decent.
Considering its look, the lens was probably made at the end of Sun's activity (second half of the seventies, I'd guess).
I'd recommend it, if you can find a nice example for cheap.

Cheers

Paolo