Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #1

Is FA 77mm Ltd. weather-proof?

So I got me that silver FA 77mm Limited. What a beauty! Now I wonder about weather-proofness. Since the DA* are weather-proof, supposedly the other ones are not. Do you dare to shoot with the 77mm Ltd in the falling snow? In a Seattle drizzle? In a spring rain? Carrying it turned down with the cap on?

Will you take it to the beach, where small sand particles can get under the rings?

I guess having investment-grade lenses makes you wonder!

03-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

No it is not.
03-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Save that magnificent lens for the studio or a cool, dry day to walk around with - not weatherproof.
03-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ari Quote
Save that magnificent lens for the studio or a cool, dry day to walk around with - not weatherproof.
It is definitely not weatherproof, but that doesn't mean it should stay indoors at all times. Lenses are meant to be used. Some of my best shots with the FA77 were taken on the beach in Riviera Maya.

Just use common sense (eg. protective filter in blowing dust/sand condititions, don't use it in a downpour, etc), and it should do just as well as other non-WR lenses.