Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Help! Lens is Stuck.

Don't ask me how I did it, but I got a lens stuck on my K100SuperD. The lens is NOT a Ricoh mount, it is the Pentax/Asahi 400mm 5.6 Kmount.

I really thought I had the dots lined up and can't imagine how I got it on if I didn't. Now I have it upside down. It will twist slightly, but is stuck on one side (towards the top of the camera).

Thoughts?

03-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Similar happened to me with a fully manual reflex lens. I don't see the thread with pics available anymore but the bottom line is I got it off by making sure the tabs in the mount lined up with openings as much as possible and just applied enough pressure that it opened up as the big lens tilted to one side. The Camera mount is was stronger metal than the lens I had so the slight bend in metal went to the lens. However it still mounts fine and after that 10 hour struggle last Sring all went back to normal. YMMV.

I am not recommending you apply force to a good lens but it worked out fine for me with lots of encouragement from forum members along the way. I had very close pics of the mount that let people offer advice and if I can find the thread again I will come back and edit the post.

good luck...

FOUND THE OLD THREAD AND PICS.
See if this looks familiar and any of the suggestions help more than mine.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/65110-t-mount-...next-week.html

According to one response, its on upside down like yours.

Last edited by imtheguy; 03-05-2010 at 10:45 AM.
03-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums mtowne!
..and I thought only Ricoh lenses with the Ricoh pin gets stuck!
Yikess!
03-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For some reason, its possible to get a lens on out of position without doing anything that feels destructive. I don't remember using any unusual force with it. I will never know what I did with the big reflex lens but because of it size with hood I was probably in an awkward position and a little extra force was not noticed. Or maybe the cheap adaptor allowed me to rotate past a stop point or the wrong way....Maybe it was the 2 lb hammer I used to mount it????

Never again will it happen to me though.

03-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I'm happy to say that the lens is now off and there seems to be no damage. I had my husband twist and pull while I held the lens. I have no hand strength anyway.

I'm notorious for doing silly stuff like this, so he had a good chuckle. I'll pay more attention now!