Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
In my last post I said "NOTE: This opinion is not for RioRico" My meaning was that the opinion expressed in my post had no application to experienced users, but was meant for folks who had never mounted an M42 lens on a K Mount body.
I was an experienced user of OTHER gear (long ago) but was pretty new to Pentax when I first dipped into M42-PK adapters. First was a flanged, then Bowers, then Official Pentax. My first Bowers-type experience was awful; I had to physically break the adapter loose. Then I saw that screw+clip were the problem, and it's been clear sailing ever since. If one has very few M39/M42 lenses, in constant rotation, then an Official Pentax makes sense (but not at over US$50!!); with 10 or more screwies, and some PK lenses, a handful of Bowers-types make life simpler.

QuoteQuote:
Good Golly, Miss Molly. Worst case of LBA/CBA I've seen in a while. Last I heard our fearless leader Adam had 16 bodies (mas o menos) and 135 lenses. Kinda thought that was bordering on excessive. I'm up to 5 bodies and 14 lenses.
Much of that inventory is superfluous, a by-product of successful eBaying, NOT stuff I want(ed). To get one or three desirable items, I'd bid on an AUCTION LOT of various gear. Extra stuff has piled up; Real Soon Now, I'll be on eBay again, posting about 40-50 lenses and TC's that won't work on bodies I want to keep, and another 10-20 redundant M42s. Maybe 10 extra bodies (some inherited) will go. If successful, I'd be down to 30 bodies and 120 lenses. Might any profits go towards a couple more lenses?

Gosh, so much glass that I only wanted to test! Then there's Dad's MF and 16mm gear that I can't bear to lose, and some 620 stuff I probably couldn't give away, and a dozen enlarger lenses I use on bellows for macro work, and various weird glass I put on the bellows just to see what happens, and the 4.5" Meade scope (on computerized mount) that hasn't had a camera hooked to it yet, and... o sh!t, I'm doomed. "Hello, my name is Rico, and I'm an optics addict."

03-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Real Soon Now, I'll be on eBay again, posting about 40-50 lenses and TC's that won't work on bodies I want to keep, and another 10-20 redundant M42s. Maybe 10 extra bodies (some inherited) will go. If successful, I'd be down to 30 bodies and 120 lenses.
Right. And when I stop at the bar tonight I'm only going to have 2 and go home.

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Gosh, so much glass that I only wanted to test! Then there's Dad's MF and 16mm gear that I can't bear to lose, and some 620 stuff I probably couldn't give away, and a dozen enlarger lenses I use on bellows for macro work, and various weird glass I put on the bellows just to see what happens, and the 4.5" Meade scope (on computerized mount) that hasn't had a camera hooked to it yet, and... o s**t, I'm doomed. "Hello, my name is Rico, and I'm an optics addict."
Well, they told me that the first half of the first step was the admission of powerlessness. I did that almost 18 years ago and haven't had a drink since then.

BTW, you don't happen to have a Super Tak 85/1.9 with original caps and hard case that you'd like to dump for about $25.00 do you?
03-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #33
Veteran Member

glass pr0n

>>> If successful, I'd be down to 30 bodies and 120 lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
Right. And when I stop at the bar tonight I'm only going to have 2 and go home.
Oh, I haven't bought anything (much) for almost a year. I had to stop -- my inheritance got spent. I have to wait for someone else to die before I can splurge again. Hey, Uncle Ray, you don't want to live forever, do you?

QuoteQuote:
Well, they told me that the first half of the first step was the admission of powerlessness. I did that almost 18 years ago and haven't had a drink since then.
But is it such a *sin* to want to read optics books, camera magazines and catalogs, fotoblogs, my complete Time-Life Library of Photography? What trouble could just *reading* cause?

QuoteQuote:
BTW, you don't happen to have a Super Tak 85/1.9 with original caps and hard case that you'd like to dump for about $25.00 do you?
I might part with a Super Tak 55/2. But all the other Pentaces stay. They're MINE!!! MINE, I tell you!!