Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax m42 to k mount adapter question.

HI!

As you can see in my sig I have a super takumar 50 1:1.4 but there's, was, only one problem with it. Unmounting it and using k mount lens is/was a pita.

After unscrewing the lens the adapter would still remain in the camera. I had to hold one small pin and then unscrew it.

Well I removed the pin, and lost the small screw doh . I tried the lens and now I can just mount and unmount the lens as a normal k mount lens as the adapter, without the pin, will remain screwed on the lens.

Is that small lever really needed? I tried the lens, changing the aperture and focusing and the lens seems to be held on the camera pretty tightly, i.e. it won't accidentally unmount while playing with the camera.

Thanks

Deni

07-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #2

Hey Deni,

The screw-mount lens just screws on to and off the adapter, and once you turn it as far as it goes you will not have to worry about it falling off.

You can't remove the adapter (to my knowledge) with the lens still mounted on it. Unscrew the lens, depress the pin on the camera that is holding the adapter in place and turn the adapter anti-clockwise. And it should come off with no problem at all.

Let me know if this helps!

Nikhil
07-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nixarma Quote
Hey Deni,

The screw-mount lens just screws on to and off the adapter, and once you turn it as far as it goes you will not have to worry about it falling off.

You can't remove the adapter (to my knowledge) with the lens still mounted on it. Unscrew the lens, depress the pin on the camera that is holding the adapter in place and turn the adapter anti-clockwise. And it should come off with no problem at all.

Let me know if this helps!

Nikhil
I'm afraid you didn't understood my question .

QuoteQuote:
Is that small lever really needed?
I just removed the pin so I don't have to mess with the adapter while it's attached to the camera.
07-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Deni - this is the way I do it with all 4 of my adapters. I have only encountered problems with the Jupiter-9, probably due to the slightly different tolerances of the old Soviet manufacture.

07-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Carpents can you clarify the way you are using screwmount lenses please.

If I am reading this correctly the best way is removing the pin as Deni has done. I would much prefer to remove the pin also. I would rather see the adapter more permanently attached to the lens instead of the body. Is this essentially how you are working with screwmount lenses using an adapter tightly screwed on each lens with out the pin.

My concern has been whether removing the pin will cause the adapter to get stuck on my K10D.

TIA
07-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Carpents can you clarify the way you are using screwmount lenses please.

If I am reading this correctly the best way is removing the pin as Deni has done. I would much prefer to remove the pin also. I would rather see the adapter more permanently attached to the lens instead of the body. Is this essentially how you are working with screwmount lenses using an adapter tightly screwed on each lens with out the pin.

My concern has been whether removing the pin will cause the adapter to get stuck on my K10D.

TIA
You correctly assumed that I removed the locking pin on all my adapters.

Quite the opposite, the only people who have reported problems are in regard to it coming off too easily. I have not (with the Jupiter-9 excepted) had such problems.
07-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Thanks Carpents.

The pin and tiny screw holding it on are prone to coming off easily as well. I would much rather just leave it off instead of it falling off when it is attached to the camera.