Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

16-45 F4 lens won't focus at all!

My lens today just decided to not be able to focus manually or automatically today..

I was wondering if a small spray of water that may have fallen on the lens (not a high velocity, and a small amount) could have caused this problem?

I've tried putting it on manual focus, and moving the focus ring but it's very stiff. When using authofocus, it just makes ugly sound as if it wants to focus but it can't for some reason. I tried with different batteries in my camera, but nothing doing.

Help please!

03-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to hear this.
It's an unusual problem, one I'm afraid may require some professional intervention.
I say this because for an quick shift focus lens, it normally should have a free and easy focus ring regardless of what focusing mode the camera is set to.

The focus ring must be jammed somehow, and I'm not thinking it's the spray of water that caused it.
Have it looked at by your local repair guy I'd say...
03-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
will do...

Ugh, what a hassle, I've only had the lens for two days!