Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #16
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The KEH database is pretty weak or at least the search engine is. There are 4 different listings for Pentax lenses with 4 sublistings each. Pentax Digital, Pentax Autofocus, Pentax Manual Focus and Pentax Screwmount. With sublistings for Fixed Focal Length and Zoom for Manufacturer and Non-Manufacturer. It also crashes, a lot. The best way to find things is to use the drop down menus.
Thanks, man. Those are some really good prices there, and I have to check them the next time LBA kicks in.

03-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sameagle Quote
I think you might want to rephrase your question in a little better english with a little more detail. If you want an alternative, what is it that you are dissatisfied with?

- Sam

(And with that sentence I have just proven that I should use better english myself!)
Any alternative for this lens. (i want to use for portraits, low-light photography, general using)
03-10-2010, 05:19 AM   #18

Original Poster
I have already bought SMC Pentax-A 50/1.7.
03-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by insanoff Quote
Any alternative for this lens. (i want to use for portraits, low-light photography, general using)
I now understand that you are looking for lenses other than the 55 1.4 to use for portraits etc. Of course, I'm a total newb ... so I do not know the answer.

Maybe someone else can answer this question.

Or ... I can suggest you search this site for "portrait lens" or similar. Good luck!

- Sam