Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2010, 05:00 AM   #16
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2
Hi Ira

Hi Ira

Get a Yiddish dictionary and look up the word "farkakt"

01-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #17
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
Hey Man I was wondering if you could help me identify an Albinar lens Mount? Please??

IM having such a hard time finding an adapter for this lens?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
01-23-2017, 06:35 PM   #18
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 723
QuoteOriginally posted by Ouroboros Quote
I'm on an ebay mission for some lenses and found some Albinar lenses.

I'm having trouble finding reviews and buyers guides. Are these lenses good for cheap zoom or macro under a hundred bucks? In terms of specs, they look good. Just wondering if any of you out there are using them and if there are any specific "stay-the-hell-away-from" models to the lineup.

Some are listed as having P/K-A mount, will this be OK with a K7?
Thanks!
For the most part they are Korean made, by Sam Yang and if you put the time into to lean how to manual focus you will be rewarded. Also they are very very cheap to buy,you cant go wrong or broke.The trick is learn how to FOCUS.

---------- Post added 01-23-17 at 08:36 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ouroboros Quote
I'm on an ebay mission for some lenses and found some Albinar lenses.

I'm having trouble finding reviews and buyers guides. Are these lenses good for cheap zoom or macro under a hundred bucks? In terms of specs, they look good. Just wondering if any of you out there are using them and if there are any specific "stay-the-hell-away-from" models to the lineup.

Some are listed as having P/K-A mount, will this be OK with a K7?
Thanks!
But for the same money go get Vivitar Series 1
01-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #19
Pentaxian
Driline's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: IOWA Where the Tall Corn Grows
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,901
I have an Albinar Auto 2X teleconverter. It makes for a nice door stop.

01-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #20
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 723
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
I have an Albinar Auto 2X teleconverter. It makes for a nice door stop.
N ice you found a use for it.
01-25-2017, 06:18 PM   #21
Senior Member
E-man's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 253
I had three Albinar lenses for my 35mm Minoltas back in the '80s. Still have them but I haven't used them in several years. The only place I ever saw Albinar lenses was at a catalog showroom store called Best Products, which got Amazoned out of existence by the late '90s or early 2000s. I always assumed Albinar was their house brand, but maybe not. The 80-200 zoom is total junk and was from day one but I was too naive back then to know it. The 35-70mm was better but not all that great. The one I had the most fun with was the 28mm f2.8 wide angle, which was reasonably fast and sharp but had a bit of distortion that gave it a mild fisheye effect that I occasionally used for creative effect. It was only after I got some genuine Minolta glass and a nice Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm zoom that I realized just what utter junk the Albinars were.

Last edited by E-man; 01-26-2017 at 07:58 AM.
01-26-2017, 12:47 PM   #22
Pentaxian
Just1MoreDave's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,814
QuoteOriginally posted by PhotoTron07 Quote
IM having such a hard time finding an adapter for this lens?
Canon FD? The thread gives me the impression that the lens wouldn't be worth it anyway, and Canon mount would be difficult.
01-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #23
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
Albinar ADG 135mm f/2.8 macro focus lens - a similar one was sold as a Sears also. The lens has a 'macro zone' where the front of the lens rotates out in addition to the normal focusing collar. This was sold as a 'macro' feature that goes to 1:5 maximum magnification.

Of course the real use of this control is as a variable softness control - cranking it out adds spherical aberration.
(nikon FE, Ferrania 400)







01-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #24
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 723
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Albinar ADG 135mm f/2.8 macro focus lens - a similar one was sold as a Sears also. The lens has a 'macro zone' where the front of the lens rotates out in addition to the normal focusing collar. This was sold as a 'macro' feature that goes to 1:5 maximum magnification.

Of course the real use of this control is as a variable softness control - cranking it out adds spherical aberration.
(nikon FE, Ferrania 400)





yup real sharp, the same company is now the world renowned SAM YANG
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
albinar, focus, k-mount, k7, lenses, lineup, models, mount, p/k-a, pentax lens, slr lens, specs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Grab bag of As-Is Sears, Albinar lenses, Pentax MX body and Vivitar Flash pxpaulx Sold Items 9 05-12-2010 08:01 PM
Albinar 80-200 lens brofkand Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 02-25-2010 05:45 PM
For Sale - Sold: Albinar 2x MF Macro converter Dhruba Sold Items 2 07-12-2009 08:40 PM
Albinar 924AF - some questions MrEspie Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 0 02-22-2009 01:43 PM
Albinar MC 80-200 f4.5 Tyler Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 1 09-04-2007 10:25 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top