Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #31
Banned

No. I make quite a bit of money selling prints, and I get about 450 a week waiting at a hungarian restaurant. I moved out when I was 18, and I'm doing fine for myself. But please continue to judge someone you know nothing about. Go ahead. It amuses me.

And how do you know that I even use A pentax as my main camera?

Pssh.

07-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #32
Rak
Inactive Account

Kingsofronin, though you are entitled to your opinion, there was no need to be abrasive, especially considering that you've drifted this thread far off-topic. Though you should not tolerate personal attacks, there is no need to encourage them.

EDIT I'm leaving this thread open. Hopefully the discussion will be able to stay on topic.
07-09-2007, 02:45 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
well From my experience(budget) that lense will serve you well, I have an 80-320mm sigma that I absolutely love, and since I do mostly outdoor daylight shots it really has served me well. And for most of what I do it works perfectly well.

So good luck and happy shooting
07-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #34

Original Poster
I understand Kingsofronin's philosophy, but given my level of expertise (or lack thereof), this lens should suit me very well for quite some time.

I am approaching photography in such a way that I will be able to appreciate the better equipment later in my journey. I could go out and buy some expensive equipment right now, but without any knowledge that technology is wasted on me.

Todd

07-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Congratulations on your new addiction! Lenses are like guitars - you can never have too many.
07-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #36

Original Poster
Or like headphones. I can't get enough.
07-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Personally I actually recommend using longer cheaper zooms to start with. As this can also save you money in the long run..

1) If you buy a 70-300 or 18-250 (which I recommended to my brother) you will still often get a good quality versatile lens and over time you will see what focal lengths you really use (this can save you money on primes and expensive zooms). I had the 70-300 then the 135-400 and I noticed I tended to only use the far ends, so I eventually bought two primes at each end and don't even bother with lenses covering in between, as I just didn't use it..

2) Add to that other people who are perfectly happy with the quality on lenses like the LD 70-300 (which is an amazing lens for the money) and never see the need to spend more..

So I really don't think blanket statements and judgments based on what lenses people choose to buy is in any way appropriate on this forum..

Horses for courses..

07-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #38
Pentaxian

The beauty of any grade of lenses is that they hold their value should one decide to upgrade later, as long as they're *autofocus* and/or highly desirable. Mind you they don't really contribute much to upgrades.

I paid $25 and $60 for two cheap Sigmas, used each for a year or two, and then sold them for $45 and $75 respectively. Not bad. Again for me it was essentially pocket change when attempting to get lenses like the Limiteds, Star lenses, macros, and fast primes, but the principle is that experience was gained, and money not lost!
07-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
my Sigma 70-300mm I paid $24 for...
Wow, for that money I hope it's the APO version, as the other versions were, well, lets just say...cheap.
07-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Congrats on your purchase Music, and I know that you'll love the lens.

I don't own any Tamron lenses, but I looked at that very lens really closely before I bought my Sigma 75-300APO. I chose the Sigma because I got it for a good price used.

I'll be using my OLD sigma a fair amount for a photo shoot next weekend where Kingsofronin would have a lot of problems with his primes. Either that or he'd be changing them several times a minute as the expedition gets closer.

It's action photography where Zooms shine
And I got this job because of what I know, not what I have in my camera bag
07-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I didn't want to get into this but I am totally put off by Kingsofronin's approach.
Congratulations to Music on the purchase.
If you disagree fine, but dont air that on here. If Music had asked for advice on which lens to buy, fine, have your say " TACTFULLY".
But to sit here and read your babblings about "look at me and what I've got"
Just give it a miss and learn the meaning of TACT because you obviously lack that
totally.

+BTW I am just considering purchasing the same lens myself (see earlier post), so perhaps you can vent your spleen on me, but your advice will now fall on totally deaf ears, due to your total lack of credibility ,(to me anyway!).
07-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Kingsofronin, before you go and insult someone else's lens collection you might want to modify the collection listed on your profile

I don't see any limited lenses or anything else all that special in your list
07-10-2007, 12:26 AM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Kingsofronin, before you go and insult someone else's lens collection you might want to modify the collection listed on your profile

I don't see any limited lenses or anything else all that special in your list

I could have sworn that when I looked at his profile 12 hours ago he only had a K100D / DA18-55 / DA16-45 / DA40 2.8
07-10-2007, 01:14 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard3550 Quote
I could have sworn that when I looked at his profile 12 hours ago he only had a K100D / DA18-55 / DA16-45 / DA40 2.8
Does it really matter? All this crap talk has put an innocent topic completely off-track. Why can't all you people use PMs if you need to argue over something other than the topic?
07-10-2007, 05:40 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Are the DA* lens already on sale? Cos King looks like he could already get the 16-50 and the 50-135 .
Closed Thread