Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
For crying out loud, how much lead would be in the lens? If they can sell lead filled mercury floresence bulb why not a teleconverter. I wouldn't eat any more lens than I do lightbulbs.

03-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ully Quote
For crying out loud, how much lead would be in the lens? If they can sell lead filled mercury floresence bulb why not a teleconverter. I wouldn't eat any more lens than I do lightbulbs.
Actually, fluorescent bulbs are not "filled" with mercury, and there's a specific exemption for compact fluorescents in the ROHS regulation that mentions a maximum level of allowable mercury.

Lead if the very first thing listed in the ROHS specification. The problem is that many companies used to dump a bunch of cheap disposable electronics products that incorporated things like lead and mercury onto the market, and these products eventually found their way into landfills and poisoned the ground. There's nothing wrong with trying to minimize this type of damage.
03-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
Actually, fluorescent bulbs are not "filled" with mercury, and there's a specific exemption for compact fluorescents in the ROHS regulation that mentions a maximum level of allowable mercury.
And there's also a specific exemption for lead in optical glass and coatings.
03-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ully Quote
:Hysterical:

. . .

03-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
And there's also a specific exemption for lead in optical glass and coatings.
Then apparently there must be lead elsewhere in the product too Or some other substance controlled by ROHS regulations.
03-19-2010, 02:01 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
Then apparently there must be lead elsewhere in the product too Or some other substance controlled by ROHS regulations.
Why do you assume the 1.7x teleconverter is not ROHS compliant?
03-19-2010, 03:01 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Why do you assume the 1.7x teleconverter is not ROHS compliant?
It's what I was told by a UK retailer when they tried to order some for their inventory. They were informed by Pentax that the bill of materials contained items which made the product not ROHS compliant, and therefore it could not be imported by that Pentax division.
11-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

Where can I get these in Japan (Tokyo)?

11-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
Where can I get these in Japan (Tokyo)?
Tom in the marketplace seems to sell them, along with the 1.5x TC.