Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Just aquired a Nikkor *ED 180 on the cheap

Having read a few threads in the past, I was really impressed with the IQ of some of the older *ED lenses from Nikon. So when I found a steal of a deal for a minor scuffed *ED 180 AIs, I jumped on it like white on rice!

However, I wasn't able to find the Nikkor *ED 180mm images I saw on this forum a few months ago. So I wanted to ask if anyone knew what I should expect in terms of IQ from this lens on a K20?

In the same ball park as my *200?
Is it worth modifying to a true PK mount?

And I really look forward to trying with with my 1.7 AFA TC

03-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

It's a good lens. I think you would be better advised to buy a Nikon body to go along with it rather than butcher it and destroy it's value (and risk wrecking a perfectly good lens).
03-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
It's a good lens. I think you would be better advised to buy a Nikon body to go along with it rather than butcher it and destroy it's value (and risk wrecking a perfectly good lens).
Great to hear(on IQ).

As for the lens, well... it isn't in very good health to begin with(hens the bargain). However, based on what I've read, it seems as though it can be modded none destructively. I have a few M42 adapters laying around that I think may be suitable candidates for replacing the mount. Just couple of carefully aligned holes and oila!

In theory that is...
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice catch.

I've been considering getting one of the 300mm lenses and doing the same.