Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
The Tamron Also focuses a bit closer if I remember correctly.

It's only an issue in high contrast situations, like tree branches against a grey sky. If you stay away from that type of scenes you won't have any problems.
These are all good to know. Thanks again!

03-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
I was looking for a fast "normal" zoom when i found exactly this Tokina for sale.

The vendor says that the Ricoh pin of the lens is safe, with AF digital bodies, as far as you remind yourself to put the iris ring in "A" position before mounting/removing the lens.

I didn't notice it first hand, but from the pictures i see that the ricoh pin looks like a ball-head one. From the infos i got online, i understand that even if the lens gets stuck, operating the MF-AF switch while turning the lens would allow to solve the problem.

Are the two assumptions true?
Any other relevant info?
This lens should serve your intended purpose well.

Yes, the Ricoh "pin" on this lens is a actually a small metal ball. It is also very lightly sprung - I don't see how it could get stuck in the AF recess. At least, mine has never given me problems on my K20D.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the seller asking for this lens?

Also, don't forget to post some pics if/when you get yours.
04-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #18

Original Poster
Here are some test shots at 70mm and f2.8 - they look quite sharp to me. Lateral CA is fairly well-controlled (better than I expected). What I did notice was a little bit of bokeh CA - green haloing behind the plane of focus, purple haloing in front, in high contrast areas. However, this was only apparent when viewing at 100% and I have seem worse from a few FA* lenses.

Sample #1 (link to full-sized version here):

100% crop:

Sample #2 (link to full-sized version here)

100% crop:

These were all converted from PEF using PPL. Default settings were used, except for sharpness +1.

I should add a disclaimer that my MF skills are not that great, though these should be fairly well focussed as I took several shots and choose the best one.

In addition, I was also using a low-quality UV filter which may have affected the contrast, as I do not have a lens cap for this lens.