Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #1

Is this the Kenko everyone is talking about?

I noticed that I can import a Kenko 1.5 teleconverter from B&H for less than the Sigma would cost me here in Norway.

Kenko | 1.5x DG AF Tele-Converter for Pentax AF | K1.5AF DGPK

Is this the same Kenko teleconvert that keeps getting mentioned here on the forum? If so I'll buy it. $99 certainly doesn't seem bad to be concidering I'd have to pay around $250 for the Sigma 1.4 here in Norway.

03-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Depends which one you want, that one does not work with the HSM/SDM lenses because it does not have the "Pz" contacts for it. If you want one that allows the usage of SDM/HSM, you could check in the marketplace where someone has it for 125 USD right now.
03-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Depends which one you want, that one does not work with the HSM/SDM lenses because it does not have the "Pz" contacts for it. If you want one that allows the usage of SDM/HSM, you could check in the marketplace where someone has it for 125 USD right now.
I don't own any HSM/SDM lenses and I would primarily be using it with manual focus lenses anyway. Also I'll probably try ataching it to my Pentax DA 70m ltd just for the fun of it :P. So in that respect, AF really is of little concern for me.
03-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since you don't have SDM lenses, that tc is o.k. as far as tc goes.