Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twokatmew Quote
My DA70 just showed up, and it was packed in a box with plenty of bubble wrap. Perhaps Prodigital is listening. I can't wait to get outside and see what it can do!

BTW, have you seen this thread on the 100/2.8WR Macro? I happened upon it yesterday:

Pentax DFA100/2.8 Macro

Or course it just makes me want the lens even more....
Good to know that at least they are sending the lenses in proper packaging..

Yes, I saw the thread and studied it rather carefully before ordering the lens. I don't think I'm going to get to test my own version tomorrow though, tracking has gone from showing an expected delivery to just in Transit.. Been awhile since anything UPS'd from Canada so maybe it's just the way it reports. The 12-24 will definitely be here tomorrow though.... I saw Prodigital's ads for the 12-24 today on the bay, $999.99.

Looking forward to seeing your DA70 shots.

03-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #17

Original Poster
I just received the 100mm WR lens today. It's in a box not an envelope with a single layer of bubble wrap. After I took the lens out and registered 7 years mack warranty, I played with the lens a little bit. The lens is surprisingly light weighted! Auto focus is horrible: slow and noisy.
I have a FA 100mm macro on the way. Will compare it with the WR version after I get the FA one.
03-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #18
EKR

QuoteOriginally posted by thomasxie Quote
I just received the 100mm WR lens today. It's in a box not an envelope with a single layer of bubble wrap. After I took the lens out and registered 7 years mack warranty, I played with the lens a little bit. The lens is surprisingly light weighted! Auto focus is horrible: slow and noisy.
I have a FA 100mm macro on the way. Will compare it with the WR version after I get the FA one.
I noticed the noise too...but the slow not so much: if it goes in the right direction, it seems to be fast enough. What do you think of the image quality?
03-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #19

Original Poster
I haven't fully tested it yet. Will do a comparison among the 100mm lenses I have and post the results here.