Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Voigtlander 20mm users out there?

I am wanting to buy a fixed lens in the 17-21mm range. Have read a lot of stuff on the DA 21 ltd and am looking for something to compare it to. I am not interested in a zoom. Can find no reveiws or comments on the Voigtlander. I like to manual focus so that opens it up to about anything, and I don't mind using the "green button" for exposures.

Any info/samples would be great...from any lens in this range.....

03-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

See {http://photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00TAyN}:
"Conclusion: A nice, high quality, small manual focus lens that takes nearly no space in the bag. Good for shooting stopped down if corners need to be sharp. Performance when shooting against the light is great. The alternatives are mainly the Zeiss 21/2.8 (three times the size, three times the price), the Nikkor 14-24/2.8 (big, expensive and takes no filters) and some old or new Nikkor 20 mm lens"

as well as the Pentax forums.com discussion {https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/59397-voigtlander-20mm-f-3-5-vs-pentax-21mm-ltd.html}:

It is time that someone reviews the lens and posts the review in the Pentaxforums.com database.

PS: I have the Voigtlander 58mm and it is a great, great lens. I am too interested to hear more on the 21 mm.

Last edited by hcc; 03-26-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Typos
03-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the information hcc. Got me started in the right direction.