Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2007, 06:10 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Keep in mind a 99.5% positive rating with that volume of customers means a fair number of people who are getting lost in the shuffle, even if everything looks decent.

I wasn't too pleased with a sigma fisheye I purchased from them for my minolta, and service was of little to no help on the matter. I have been suspicious of cameta and sigma ever since.

07-15-2007, 06:25 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I am considering a lens purchase this week. I have dealt many times with Cameta and no complaints, however when I purchase bodies/lenses I prefer to not have them in transit for too long. Accessories no problem though. I bought my K10D kit thru 17th St Photo. It was the best price I found, and had it shipped standard overnight with a "hold for pickup" at my local UPS Customer Center (so I wouldn't have to sit around all day and wait for it's delivery). I was there at 9am when it opened and had my new camera within 5 minutes.

On this lens though, I will check local retailers (Ritz, The Camera Exchange) purchase price with a sales tax attached, then compare online purchase prices with overnight shipping. Whichever is the better price option I will go that route. If it's just a matter of a "few" dollars more, I will buy locally.
07-15-2007, 07:58 AM   #18
Forum Member

I have dealt with Cameta at least eight times over the past two years and the service was excellent. I received my order usually within five days maximum. I have purchase lens, tripod and monopod, they have my vote.