Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
vignetting testing of Sigma 17-70mm w/ various filters, step-up rings, etc.

Sinan on dpr asked for this and it would have helped me decide to get a different CP filter and Cokin filter holder (I'd get either a configurable Lee or cheaper single slot Cokin P and get the slim Hoya Pro1 CP instead), so I'm putting this up to help others avoid the mistakes I made

Test setup:
K10D w/ Sigma 17-70 pointed at beige wall set to f/11, 17mm and manually focused at 7' because AF didn't work. An SB-28 flash in 18mm auto mode set to f/11 and ISO100 to match the camera was also used and pointed downwards -7 degrees with a stofen diffuser on it. Camera was put on bogen tripod and leveled.

72mm B&W UV filter only (just the Sigma 17mm vignetting shows up):

77 B&W Kaeseman (non-slim) CP on 72-77mm stepup over the above B&W UV filter:

77 B&W Kaeseman CP on 72-77 stepup directly on lens:

Cokin 3 slot P filter holder on 72-77 stepup over B&W UV filter:

Cokin 3 slot P filter holder over stepup over B&W UV filter but zoomed to 19mm with filter holder slighly non-level:

Cokin 3 slot P filter holder w/ 72-77 stepup directly on lens:

Last edited by kenyee; 07-14-2007 at 03:28 PM.