Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
sheylings Another sterling host of responses from PF users - thanks all.

@Eric - interesting to hear of the Aenitar
If you are considering the Zenitar, there is one curently available in our Marketplace here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/94303-sale-ze...sh-eye-us.html

03-31-2010, 01:10 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I did see that - sadly the postage is only in the US.

But I was also surprised by the images posted - is it me or are they not particularly sharp?
03-31-2010, 02:08 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sheylings Quote
I did see that - sadly the postage is only in the US.

But I was also surprised by the images posted - is it me or are they not particularly sharp?
It is not a super sharp lens -- you get what you pay for -- but it is sharp enough, and can certainly be significantly sharper than the photos in that thread indicate. Part of what's happened in that thread is the photos are way too heavily JPEG compressed, which blurs the picture and introduces artifacts. Might wanna check out this flickr group for some better examples.
03-31-2010, 02:13 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Many thanks Erik - they show the lens in a very different light.

I think I'm sold, so just going to wait for one to crop up here in the UK.

Many thanks

03-31-2010, 02:25 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sheylings Quote
Many thanks Erik - they show the lens in a very different light.

I think I'm sold, so just going to wait for one to crop up here in the UK.

Many thanks
You can order it straight from Russia, right here:

Fisheye MC Zenitar-K (Pentax) 16mm f/2.8

I'm pretty sure this is a reliable webstore, I think others on this forum have been ordering from there with success.
03-31-2010, 02:46 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
sheylings - it's not at all sharp wide open, but ok once you get to f/5.6, where it improves dramatically.
03-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
sheylings: I did see that - sadly the postage is only in the US.

I have found, if you PM a seller, and show serious interest, they will often sell outside of their originally stated area. In fact, more than once, with a sincere buyer, I shipped out of the US, even though I clearly stated I would only sell continental US so long, of course, as buyer absorbed the added shipping charges.

This ad doesn't actually say the shipper will not go over seas; only that the listed shipping charge is only for the US. It would not hurt to give it a try.