Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2007, 08:20 PM   #46

Photos: Gallery
Hmm, this is all very good information to be had and I am glad that Sigma is pushing out more bigma's! I'm glad I waited as well seeing as I can now get a Bigma up here for about $1100 CDN. August sure is tempting.. $1100 for the Bigma and $25 for a bouquet of flowers to distract the wife long enough to stash it..

08-03-2007, 07:55 AM   #47
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Hyde Quote
Congrats on your lens.

I'll have to live vicariously through your photos until mine gets delivered. Waiting is not my strong suit. Four to five weeks of waiting is going to be a killer for me.
Mr Hyde, this just in.... They are getting 24 on Tuesday @ Sigma USA out here on LI... Hoping for the best that one of them is yours and isn't coming in a follow-up shipment. (never know, that drop might be for others that ordered long before you )

me, I'm dang happy I jumped on the 300 f/2.8 because I wouldn't have had a lens before I had to leave on my trip. whew!
08-04-2007, 05:14 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Mr Hyde, this just in.... They are getting 24 on Tuesday @ Sigma USA out here on LI... Hoping for the best that one of them is yours and isn't coming in a follow-up shipment. (never know, that drop might be for others that ordered long before you )

me, I'm dang happy I jumped on the 300 f/2.8 because I wouldn't have had a lens before I had to leave on my trip. whew!
Wow.... Great News. I hope one has my name on it. Thanks for the update. I've been looking for this lens for a while and it's always been out of stock. Instead of waiting, I just ordered one on backorder hoping that it would better my chances of actually getting one. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks again
08-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #49
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blwnhr Quote
Haha, moving things are my speciality! Motorsport is what I bought the lens for.

I will try to get some shots at lunch today, it is overcast so should be a good test.

Is Canadian football anything like American football? I know it's different to Australian football, lol. Well I am going to shoot some European football (soccer) on Saturday (weather permitting) so this will be a fantastic chance for me to shoot a subject close to what you'll be using the lens for.

I'll post EXIF for you no problems.
Yeah it is like American Football - wider ,longer filed, 3 downs instead of 4 and there are a bunch of other rule differences - and the last two minutes of a game can be like basket ball where anyone can win (given a close score)

Not sure I am sold on the Bigma yet (vs a DA* let's say) but I am in luck no rush to date

08-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Not sure I am sold on the Bigma yet...
As promised Daacon! Check out this link: 50-500 + K10Ds first outing! - Soccer - 14 photos

1 to keep you interested, lol:

08-05-2007, 05:49 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Thanks for the photo. I looked at the photos in the other thread and now I'm just totally salivating over getting this lens. I can wait a few more weeks but your photos have me chomping at the bit to get my hands on the Bigma.
08-05-2007, 06:07 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I threw the ball one in as a teaser, lol.

I am genuinely surprised at this lens, fast, accurate and great colour. Can't wait to get it out and see how it copes with 90mph race cars!
08-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #53
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blwnhr Quote
As promised Daacon! Check out this link: 50-500 + K10Ds first outing! - Soccer - 14 photos

1 to keep you interested, lol:

Great series - Hand held , impressive , now finally can you ship it to me so that I can test it - You just made my next $1k purchase (for a LBA) a little more difficult dern you !!! (Although I appear to have an Oil Leak in the car - so that may defer my decesion a little longer )

08-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by jgmankos Quote
I contacted Tamron about their recently announced 70-200 f/2.8 XR Di. I got the standard "We have no further information at this time".

However, the rep that responded to me tacked a PS on to her email, and in 'wink-wink, nod" style fashion she said "If you contact me on or around August 15, I should have more definite pricing and availablilty information"

Just a FWIW....this is one lens I'm personally looking forward to....especially if it's performance is close to the 28-75...
The 15th has come and gon, any word on the simga 70-200 2.8?
08-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #55

I just checked the Sigma website, and the page for the 70-200 does not list Pentax as an available mount. Sigma - Lenses. It looks like they were just teasing. Instead of waiting for this I bought the Sigma 135-400 which I'm very happy with, but it is on the heavy size.