Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Will KR mount xnsmit aperture data?

Hi,

I just acquired a teleconverter in KR mount with the intention of gutting it and using it as an extension tube. I know that I should remove the "Ricoh pin" to prevent a possible jam on my K20. This teleconverter has the electrical contacts for aperture.

Does anyone know for sure whether or not these contacts are compatible with my Pentax?

Thanks!

George

04-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
pbo
Veteran Member

Is there a whole row of contacts? If so, then it most likely will. I don't think there are any Ricoh lenses with A-contacts, though, that at the same time have the "Ricoh pin". So, it's either a Ricoh P-lens, or Pentax A-lens, but not two at the same time. Can you take a picture of the lens mount?
04-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here are a couple, down & dirty w/ the P&S! It is an Albinar-ADG Auto 2x Tele-Converter KR, BTW.

Thanks again,

George

Last edited by gsrokmix; 09-03-2012 at 12:30 PM.
04-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
pbo
Veteran Member

Oh hey, it does have A contacts. Well, I guess you're in luck!
That golden-ish contact at 3-o'clock really looks like a Ricoh pin!

04-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Maybe you've already found this, but here's an article on how to remove the KR pin: theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix

BTW I have a couple KR lenses, with pins, that have gone on and off of my K20D with no trouble. But maybe I'm just lucky. I won't push that luck any further.
"There's more than one way to skin a cat," she mused,
as she pinned its little feet to the dissecting board.
04-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks! Yeah Rico I nticed that the pin on the camera end is more of a ball than a pin and it can be pushed in but I don't want to take any chances.

George
04-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi,

Just pulled the pin & glass out of this thing & it seems to work fine. I tested it out with my kit 18-55 & just the one piece of extension made a huge difference. The aperture data seems to be getting to the camera.

Thanks for all the help!

George