Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Different mounts on a Kx

I am a newbie so this is probably a novice question but I searched for this type of question but could not find anything.

Will a 645, a 67 and a M42 screwmount fit on my Kx?

Will any of them need adapters?

If any of them fit, what will they lose? AF, etc...?

04-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

645 and 67 will fit on the Kx with an additional adapter that costs quite a bit, $200 last time I checked on Ebay.

M42 will fit on the Kx with a $10 adapter ($30 if you want the Pentax version), I recommend ponying up the money for the Pentax brand as it has a tool-less release. Beware of Pentax lookalike, just because it says Pentax on it doesn't mean it's made by Pentax.

I'm not aware of any adapter that retains the use of AF. You will typically need to use stop down metering and aperture ring. It will be 100% manual.

Pretty sure there are stickies devoted to this as well as the search forum function. But alas, I feel like spoiling you tonight.
04-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
645 and 67 will fit on the Kx with an additional adapter that costs quite a bit, $200 last time I checked on Ebay.

M42 will fit on the Kx with a $10 adapter ($30 if you want the Pentax version), I recommend ponying up the money for the Pentax brand as it has a tool-less release. Beware of Pentax lookalike, just because it says Pentax on it doesn't mean it's made by Pentax.

I'm not aware of any adapter that retains the use of AF. You will typically need to use stop down metering and aperture ring. It will be 100% manual.

Pretty sure there are stickies devoted to this as well as the search forum function. But alas, I feel like spoiling you tonight.
Thanks. I did the search function, typed in "different mounts", "M42", "645", and "67". None of them showed any thread that flat out stated whether or not those would fit on a Kx.

Another question, an M lens will fit without an adapter right? I know it's a manual (no AF).
04-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
Thanks. I did the search function, typed in "different mounts", "M42", "645", and "67". None of them showed any thread that flat out stated whether or not those would fit on a Kx.

Another question, an M lens will fit without an adapter right? I know it's a manual (no AF).

All K mount lenses will fit without an adapter.

04-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Yes, M mount lenses will fit on the Kx.

Actually, any lenses in this list of K-mount lenses will fit:

Pentax Lens Review and Specification Database - Pentax K-Mount Bayonet Lenses