Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The Nikon solution is to automatically crop when the APS-C lens is attached to the body. The camera body "discards" the coverage outside the APS-C image size. I'm not sure whether this is an advantage or not.

I am sure that some Nikkor lenses, as do Pentax lenses, cover the APS-H frame size at some focal lengths, and some even 24x36 mm frame at certain focal length settings. With the Nikon system, even if your lens covers the full frame at the longest focal length, you will only get the cropped version.
You can turn this automatic function off, Albert. That way you can choose yourself which format is to be used: FF of APS-C.

04-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
That's funny, because of the vignetting is pretty bad on crop cameras with the first version of it! I assume you tried it with the Mark II that doesn't have a problem with vignetting?
There's vignetting in the sense of slight darkening of the corners, and vignetting in the sense of completely black corners. When someone talks about a DA lens vignetting or not on film, it's the latter they are talking about - not whether or not there is slight darkening.
04-09-2010, 05:28 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by systemA Quote
I also use the Sigma 10-20mm/4-5.6 on a full frame Pentax LX. Workable focal range is 12-20mm without noticeable vignetting, but with no auto-aperture ring setting, I'm stuck shooting wide open.
that's why I suggested a PZ-1 to the OP.

it can work with every lense ecept HSM
04-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The Nikon solution is to automatically crop when the APS-C lens is attached to the body. The camera body "discards" the coverage outside the APS-C image size. I'm not sure whether this is an advantage or not.

I see that as an advantage since it is a user selectable option.