Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You're gonna sell a lens just because of a piece of dust inside?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/96635-sale-fa...box-conus.html
Wow, this is just about the stupidest reason I've come across.
Newbie, I won't be at all surprised if everybody is laughing at your foolishness.

04-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #17
Banned

Photos: Albums
You could get the lens to a shop to open it and blow the dust away. It would probably cost you under $100. But it really isn't worth doing this - like everyone said, it won't affect anything and dust will get in your lenses overtime anyway.

I have what looks like an eyelash in an old lens - it doesn't affect anything. This just to give you an idea of the size of things that might exist in a lens without affecting IQ.
04-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
wow.... is all i can say...
04-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I knew it is stupid. If there is dust in other lens, I will not care any more...but it is FA Ltd lens, FA Ltd lens is "princess", I wanna it perfect...

04-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It might be perfect the day you buy it, but unless you move to outer space, it will have dust sooner or later. Irt's just a fact of life on earth and nothign to be concerned about. you might as well be worried that it there are probably microbes on it somewhere, too.
04-08-2010, 05:59 AM   #21

For people who see the collecter's value on their gear, this can be bad.
Its a personal choice, so I wouldn't say stupid.
I would say its not a practical stance to take though, personally if I don't mind much about the state as long as its fully functional.
04-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by henryjing Quote
I knew it is stupid. If there is dust in other lens, I will not care any more...but it is FA Ltd lens, FA Ltd lens is "princess", I wanna it perfect...
Here's what you need to do then:
Buy a brand new lens.
Don't open the box.
Ever.

FWIW, I have two FA LTD lenses, the entire kit of DA LTD lenses and some * lenses that make the LTD lenses look like kids toys.
They all see daily use, and they all have dust in them.
They are, at the end of the day, just lenses, and if you are going to use them, they are going to get dust inside them.

If you aren't going to use them, then don't open the box it came in. You will still have the pleasure of owning one, without the risk of getting it dirty.

04-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Here's what you need to do then:
Buy a brand new lens.
Don't open the box.
Ever.

FWIW, I have two FA LTD lenses, the entire kit of DA LTD lenses and some * lenses that make the LTD lenses look like kids toys.
They all see daily use, and they all have dust in them.
They are, at the end of the day, just lenses, and if you are going to use them, they are going to get dust inside them.

If you aren't going to use them, then don't open the box it came in. You will still have the pleasure of owning one, without the risk of getting it dirty.
Some dust will still creep in - even if the box is never opened. Make sure the box is kept locked in a hermetically sealed container and throw away the key in the ocean...
04-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by henryjing Quote
I just got a lens bought from a seller in this forums, and I found there is a dust inside the lens...
I am asking how to deal with it?
Any help will be appreciated
is it that bad? got a pic?