Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes after you posted the models, I think you are in luck. These should all be screw mount. When you go to his house, take the cash and also a ruler (calipers would be better) and measure the screw mount. If it's 42mm then hand him the $75.00 and take some shots of the lenses at your place.

04-09-2010, 04:21 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
just found this link online which says
"First model of Icarex 35 is based on the earlier Voigtländer design and was launched in 1966 through the collaboration between Voigtländer and Zeiss-Ikon. Icarex 35 S series, like this was introduced in 1968. Two variants BM (bayonet mount) and since 1970 TM (thread mount) were made."
so i will have to measure for sure does anyone have any pics of what the BM (bayonet mount) looks like?

i just found this link aswell http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Icarex

"The special bayonet mount and the limited range of lenses were hampering the Icarex sales, so the two models were released in a modified version accepting 42mm screw lenses. They had a TM badge to distinguish them from the bayonet versions, that remained in production with a BM badge. An Icarex with no BM or TM badge is a bayonet body made before the thread mount version was introduced. "

so it looks like it is going to say it right on the lens.

Last edited by MacKay; 04-09-2010 at 05:02 AM.
04-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
i jsut got back from seeing it, it is no the M42 mount it is the BM mount. everything is in really good shape so i may get it anyway.
04-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MacKay Quote
i just didn't want to buy it and then have no use for it, it is hard to tell my wife that I am buying more glass, and this time it doesn't even fit my camera
Yep. As soon as I saw "wife" the problem was clear. I've been married 25 years. It amazes me how they can squander money left and right on things like mortgage payments, groceries, clothes for the kids; but when we want to buy some REALLY important, like a new toy its a whole different story....................

04-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yep. As soon as I saw "wife" the problem was clear. I've been married 25 years. It amazes me how they can squander money left and right on things like mortgage payments, groceries, clothes for the kids; but when we want to buy some REALLY important, like a new toy its a whole different story....................
that is what i say, she is into taking pics too, she also puts up with my car habits