Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2010, 12:12 AM   #16
wjt
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One always needs a contingency plan for when the minister of war and finance rampages over expenditure.. I go with a solid grass is greener on your side theory and point out that i have cheap hobbies (gaming, kitesurfing and now photography) and it could be worse, at which point i draw attention to her friends husband that has a drag car, and explain that all the money i will ever spend will not come close to his cars. These arguments should be used sparingly though... denial, dinners and affection work at all other times.

I am not buying more lenses now purely due to not working, sadly i want to buy another couple of lenses... Due to my unemployment being self imposed, i think i will have to go get a job soon to pay for my next lens and upgrade my laptop.... stupid material possessions.

04-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Uh oh... I found a Tamron 18-250 for a great price! Guess I can get rid of my 18-55, 50-200, and 28-200! Woohoo! More room in the bag!
04-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nomad Quote
Try buying a boat, that will cure LBA really quick!! think hole in the water.....
That doesn't work, at least not for my other's father. He bought a boat AND cameras AND lenses AND every other device (top-end) he could manage. Nothing halfway about Big Jerry, nope. And he died smiling.
04-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #19

Original Poster
I wanna die smiling too.. but on a budget...

04-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #20
Forum Member

it will be once u run out of money
04-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
it's cureable alright. but just like the common cold, it mutates into a new strain and you go back full circles again.
i second this :ugh:

mine mutated indeed. into camera buying addict. but my doctor insist it is not new strain.

i need help.
04-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
mine mutated indeed. into camera buying addict. but my doctor insist it is not new strain.
i need help.
Stay away from those Hasselblads, now. Don't even look at the Mamiyas. PUT THAT LEICA DOWN!! Back away, slowly. And keep your hands visible, and empty. There, that's better. Stay calm.

Now repeat this mantra: I have enough. I have enough. I have enough. I have enough. Keep saying that until you believe it. Don't stop. Don't ever stop. This is for your own good.

Some people say, HEY, I'M NOT REALLY AN ADDICT. I CAN QUIT AT ANY TIME. And then they go into the MISC LOTS section of the eBay Photo Store and buy a dozen P&S's for US$15 including shipping. Or a dozen Brownies, or a dozen disposables. And they think, HEY, IT'S CHEAP, NO DAMAGE DONE. But that's a delusion. It only feeds the addiction. Pretty soon they're thinking, HEY, I REALLY NEED A KX, AND I'D BETTER GET A BACKUP TOO, MAYBE WHITE.

And then they're lost. Totally gone. No hope. They must be put out of their misery. It's so sad...
04-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #23

Original Poster
I was thinking that I need a backup camera, cause what if the unthinkable happens!

04-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by The Kurly One Quote
I was thinking that I need a backup camera, cause what if the unthinkable happens!
That's it.

[/me grimaces grimly, charges the .45 ACP OF MERCY, aims, fires]

There. He's at peace now. But it didn't have to end like this. He could have had a Holga.
04-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Eventually when your bank account tells you so, I suppose that your LBA becomes cured then. Well, of course when you run out of body parts to sell, then it might be cured then. Well, who needs a car when you can walk and buy more lenses? Well, I could always sell my house to get some more of those Takumar lenses. Oh crap, now what do I do? Can I start selling your stuff too?
04-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #26

Original Poster
Good I'm safe then! I haven't touched the bank account, vacation fund, or remortgaged the house yet! I'm just usin gextra cash...
04-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I suggest, staying away from forums such as this. it's unhealthy and you would just get a lot of ideas. I would say that the countless possibilities of fitting all sorts of old lenses, not discounting the 3rd-party lenses, just makes it harder for such to avoid. this is definitely a non-fanboy's nightmare.

*when I said fanboy, I meant a person that thinks that only one particular brand of lens or equipment exists or is superior in the world.
04-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Is LBA curable,the short answer is NO but its fun trying

cheers
04-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I suggest, staying away from forums such as this. it's unhealthy and you would just get a lot of ideas. I would say that the countless possibilities of fitting all sorts of old lenses, not discounting the 3rd-party lenses, just makes it harder for such to avoid. this is definitely a non-fanboy's nightmare.

*when I said fanboy, I meant a person that thinks that only one particular brand of lens or equipment exists or is superior in the world.
This forum may be the worst thing for someone with LBA, but at least most of the stuff that sells in the Marketplace sells for a good price!
03-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #30

Original Poster
Bringing this back from the dead. I have done all the research on this myself and have come to this conclusion.

LBA IS AN INCURABLE DISEASE!

It just gets worse, and as it progresses so do your lens choices, from the $50 M's then to the $75 A's and then you start hitting the $300 F and FA's, then before you know it you got it REAL bad! You start spending $600+ on DA and DA*'s... the next thing you know you are trying how to figure out how you are going to get the funds for that $1500 (you name it)

Incurable.