Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think it's possible for LBA to become cured upon purchasing ones ideal dream setup, but I don't think that's possible for many people (e.g. I want the Voightlander 125 and 180 macros, and the FA*200 macro among others); it depends on one's shooting preferences (and wallet). I've reached a pretty good state. There isn't much more I want that I can afford, and I have what I use the most covered pretty well, and my only real gaps are in focal lengths I would almost never use. The real problem is selling the ones I don't really use back--it seems hard to do, especially when many of them were so cheep or have a little damage. I think I gravitate toward lenses with some conditional issues so I can justify not selling them--after all I have the K50 f1.2, but it has some coating scratches on the front element and a (barely) dented filter ring. So I won't get very much for it--and if I'm not going to get very much for it, why not just keep it (after all, I'd never be able to get another one at that price).... I highly recommend other LBA suffers apply this approach to help them feel better. After all if a lens has a little optical trouble (former fungus, cleaning marks, scratches, etc.), then the value has been lowered considerably, but the optics remain as good as ever, so how can one afford NOT to keep it....

By the way, you know the LBA has hit bad when (true story) you are short on rear caps and so have to use film cameras (which natureally you have accumulated as throw-ins with LBA purchaes) as rear caps (in at least two mounts).

03-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #92
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
LBA curable? depends on how you approach it, I got my LBA under control by moving up to the nicer stuff. That fixes LBA quite quickly, when you are shelling out over $500 a pop or so for the next lens then you do calm down a bit and once you've tried some of the better lenses you are then in a different realm altogether, I don't need to look at the following lenses for example anymore: 35 f/2.4, 40 f/2.8, 50 f/1.7, 50 f/1.4, 70 f/2.4, 85s f/1.8-f/1.9, I have that range covered by the best you can get already. Saying that I did buy an A 50 f/1.2 yesterday to go with my K50 f/1.2 but I will match those off and the loser goes. Only purchase this year... so far? perhaps, perhaps not, I would like to get a 31 soon to finish off the set and that would take me out of the market for at least 6-9 months, it would take that long for me to understand how to use it properly.