Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I would also suggest something around $100 as a price. Maybe try $100 and see if they agree to that, and if not work them up somewhere around $120? It's a pretty old lens nevertheless, and not a popular range, although it does have fairly good image quality.
I am not sure if I'd characterize this lens as having fairly good image quality. This lens, by far, was the only zoom lens that I've ever used which came close to matching the FA limited that I have, and the focal length is just perfect for portraits.

I was just too lazy to keep such a good, big, manual focus lens without putting it to good and frequent use so ended up selling it in the Market Place.

04-11-2010, 04:37 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is it fair to say this lens has a "cult following"? ;~)
04-11-2010, 04:54 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
It's a pretty old lens nevertheless, and not a popular range, although it does have fairly good image quality.
You obviously have either never owned this lens or are endowed with a gift for understatement. A not uncommonly heard assessment is, "It's like having a stack of three prime lenses".

Pentax K100D
SMC-A 35-105/3.5

The only real drawback to the lens is its arm-stretching weight. Wonderful lens to use, but not one I will twice make the mistake of taking on a photo walk.
04-11-2010, 04:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Lance: Amazing image that certainly shows off the IQ.

clarkebd: Congrats on a bargain deal.

I am not sure if such a lens is for me on digital, but on film the range would be great.